How can we improve?

Disable logon attempts from the account service is running as

We are using Eventsmanager to collect event logs etc from a server located in a DMZ, which is out of reach from domain controllers. This prevents the account under which GFI Eventsmanager service is running to log on to this server. We have specified another set of credentials in the Event Source properties.

However, the service still tries to log on to this server as the domain account that the EM service is running under in addition to the credentials supplied in said properties. This generates 36 failed logon attempts per hour on a production server, which triggers some other alarms.

It would be beneficial that the service only tries to log on using the credentials specified on an Event Source when they differ from the account under which the Eventsmanager service is running.

2 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thomas W Nilsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2014-01-09]
    We had the same issue and I agree it would be nice for GFI to fix it. I'd like to share our workaround with you in case it helps. We created a local account on the monitored server, using the same username as the domain account (running GFI). We also gave that local account the same password as the domain account. This tricks windows into not failing on the login attempts to the monitored server.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2014-01-09]
    We had the same issue and I agree it would be nice for GFI to fix it. I'd like to share our workaround with you in case it helps. We created a local account on the monitored server, using the same username as the domain account (running GFI). We also gave that local account the same password as the domain account. This tricks windows into not failing on the login attempts to the monitored server.

Feedback and Knowledge Base