GFI EventsManager

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Reportd in PDF or XLS

I would like to generate reports directly in PDF or XLS format

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back silent installation

II would like the ability to perform a silent installation to be re-instated in EventsManager 2012, ideally just like it used to be with previous versions, i.e.:
    EventsManagern /s /f1C:path.iss

As servers move towards being headless - having a GUI will merely be an option in Windows Server 8 - it seems a backwards step to disallow silent installation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple Email Servers

I would like the option to add an external mail server in addition to the internal mail server, G-Mail or otherwise. It's a little hard to get an alert about your mail server when it's sent from the mail server that is having an issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Run File" feature transfer event information to the execute file

When event trigger ESM classified to critical or high event class, there is a "Run file" feature.
    According GFI support said (GFI-170602-489017), this feature can not transfer event info to the execute file or batch file.

I think it is good to transfer event info and then I can do something myself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to request export to excel or csv file option from the Reporting menu instead of pdf only

I would like to request export to excel or csv file option from the Reporting menu instead of pdf only

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Network messages alerts with Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7

Makes the fonctionnality Network messages alert (which inform recipients that a particular event has occurred for) compatible with Windows Server 2008 and Windows Seven.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New report filter to manages groups of ActDir

We have a group of long list of users that need to be monitored login/logout.
    Instead of define manually a filter by user/account in wich write a row for each user that belongs to thist group, with need a filter where define one or more groups.
    GFI EvManager will ask to ActiveDir in order to get the users that belong to that specific group and will produce a report sorted by user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Offline mode

EventsManager should have an offline mode, so that consultants could import saved logs and analyze them just as if they were collected online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add variable %rule description%

I would like to use the rule description in my alerting options, but it's not available. Although there is %rule name%, %check name% and %check description% it's not possible to get the information of the rule description. Please add this to the fields of an event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Product Upgrade Instructions

I suggest you...provide a detailed upgrade installation document which includes screen shots of the installation wizard so we know what to expect and can gather the necessary information to answer the prompts.

Will we lose our existing db? Do we need to create a new db?
    will our config settings be retained, or if not can we import a backup copy from the previous version?
    Will all our custom rules be retained?

Those of us who have gone through past upgrades and lost data bases, and config settings now need reassurance each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More then one Email template

It's only possible to format one email message under "Alerting Options". I would be nice if I could add new templates. This way the alert mails could provide more information to a special alert and could be formatted in a way that only needed information are displayed. This on template must be formatted very universally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adding Commnets

Since the main purpose of this tool is for reviewing logs, is there a facility to add comments to the logs (for e.g. what action we have taken for that particular event etc & then generate a report to show as evidence for log reviewing to Auditors).

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Database creation for historical data

At the moment of writing databases are created when needed, but it ccould have data in it with a creation date that is not logical to store next to eachother (time-wise). I like the database switch mechanism in Mailarchiver. Isn't it possible to do this also for ESM? So when I add a source, it will start taking the data from that machine and then store it in the databases related to either month, bimonthly, quarterly, half-yearly, annual.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow more than one schema to be used in text log collection

At present EventsManager only allows you to use one schema per server for collection and processing of text logs. If you have more than one text log type on a single server that requires different schemas for processing them, you cannot specify a second schema to process the different text log types.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ssl email in events manager

I just got finished with a chat session with support. I was amazed to learn that events manager does not support ssl email. Most all businesses that I know have already switched to this or working on it. I feel like this should be a top priority to be able to fully utilize this product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Oracle auditing and SID's

I suggest you to allow defining more than one SID on a Oracle events source. At the moment we can define only one SID on a host, and we can't add the same host specifying another SID, because the host is already defined. We can partially bypass the problem inserting two entries for the same host, one with the host name and the other one with the ip address, anyway using this solution there is no way to collect events for more then two SID's on the same host.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Event manager service disabled trap

I have a client that uses EventManager to audit administrative file access from users w/ admin rights. They would like a way to be notified if GFI services are stopped, or even trap such an occurrence, to ensure that those people with adminstrative rights aren't circumnavigating GFI's file access logging.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding Comments in

For every server, be able to add comments not necessarily connect to an event (like Microsoft dynamics CRM).

Currently we can add comments according to events but not directly in the Comment field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow non-administrators to run EventsManager

Currently EventsManager requires all users (even read-only) to be a local administrator just to run the program.

What's the point of having a local user database within the program if only local administrators can launch it? Seems odd to have read-only users still be god of the entire system doesn't it?

I want to be able to have some "users" of EventsManager that are not a local administrator.

Older versions of the program didn't have this "feature" and shouldn't be too difficult of an adjustment to make.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. View Edit Query Fields

When I create a view, I need to select fields to to query on. The Edit Query Restriction dialog box presents me with a list of literally THOUSANDS of possible fields. And it does this with no way to sort them!

If the field is not in the first 1-2 dozen, well, good luck! The fields are, as far as I can tell, completely random. I would dearly love to be able to sort the field list! It's ridiculous the way it is now, poring through column after column after column after column of text, eyes crossing, mouse-click finger growing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI EventsManager

Feedback and Knowledge Base