GFI EndPointSecurity

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. GFI EndPoint Security - Automatisation

At the moment there is no way for console to check which computers are no longer on the network. If the admin who is working on EPS console does not remove the computer from the network himself, there is no way that he can now that the computer shown in the console is no longer ''alive''. It would be good if EPS could scan the network and show some kind of notification when that happens and free one ip from the license number automatically. At the moment it is all done manually and it makes the life of administrators difficult,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Active directory synchronization

It would be nice if we could sync our computers list in GFI endpointsecurity with our domains so we don't have to manually delete old unactive computer accounts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Distinguish between ENUMERATING a CD/DVD and ACCESSING the drive

Currently (ESEC 2013) registers the same "event" whether a user knowingly access a CD/DVD drive and also when explorer.exe simply opens up "My Computer" to ENUMERATE the drives.

However, by not distinguishing between an enumeration of the CD/DVD and an intentional access of data, ESEC creates many "false positive" alerts that do not help a sysadmin know whether there is a potential security breach or whether a user simply opened the "Save As" dialog box from withing Notepad.

In Windows, "auditing" can be enabled that distinguishes among many different types of "access" such as:
    - Traverse Folder
    - List Folder …

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Automatic Policy updates

Client should check at least after a reboot if there was a policy change.
    Should work just like AntiVirus Software, where the AV Updates are deployed on a scheduled basis.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Gfi endpoint security remote administration

It will be a very good idea to enable the IT administrators to remotely manage gfi endpoint security from their workstations.

It is a big pain to make remote desktop each time you want to change something.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How to know files copy from/to USB

I suggest you...
    Is Neccesary redesing your reporter, I know there is a report for detailed activity of devices, but it was impossible get a customized report with filters in order to know:
    - files copied from USB to HD, there is no information about the destination path
    - files copied from HD to USB, there is no information about the source path

The filters supplied cant distinguis these activities among others as just browsing
    Other wise thse report is not useful becuase customers as me wants to know exactly what is being opied from/to for security reasons
    Regards

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provision for Reporting on Temporary Access

I suggest you...that in Report Center for Endpoint Securlty, there should be provision for reports on Temporary Access. Attributes like who granted temporary access to which user with time and duration and device access details etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Anti Keylogger function

A anti keylogger function in endpoint security, would be a good selling point to prevent data theft through hardware keyloggers (e.g. USB or. PS/2). The size of keyloggers are limit in size. If there will be a function which generate "trash data" on these interfaces it would be difficulter for hackers to analyse the data on keyloggers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reporting and Warning Notification

I would like to suggest in GRI EndPointSecurity if feasible, to

1. add feature to view a log report of file being transferred/copied to any USB devices and DVD/CD RW. On this way, we can monitor each client/workstation that are being suspicious.

2. add feature of warning display notification on end-user for any transferred/copied transaction to USB devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. descriptive names on scanned devices

I would like to see a descriptive field added to the scanned devices. When I add devices to the white list, it would be much easier to add them by a friendly name than having to use serial numbers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Simple report of failed updates/installations.

Have a simple facility to list or print all computers that either have no agent, or for which the agent cannot be deployed (in the latter case, along with the reason).
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that needs to pass this information to our Tech Support so they can go and fix the problem(s).
    And perhaps a "flush" button for scheduled updates. When I deploy to one PC, I'm lucky if I can see whether it succeeded or not because it's buried in progress messages from other deployments that I didn't ask to run.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GFI Endpoint Security Agent for MAC

Create an agent to run on a MAC OS.

While your at it create an agent to run on Unix / Linux.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Report Pack EndPointSecurity

In ReportPack EndPointSecurity. Add the Device Name field in the filter condition to generate reports customized.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. USB same NAME, PID, VID, REV

1. Under the policies specified serial number of USB instead of brand and vendor, because there can be 100 USB from same vendor that have same name, pid, vid, rev, and if i give acces to one then all 99 will have access;
    2. Generate logs from whitelist;
    3. Collecting logs by serial number of USB instead brand and vendor, because if i have 100 USB with same name, pid, vid i don't know wich USB is used when accesing the resources of LAN;

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. differentiate action for mobile phone, USB devices

Client would like to be able to set for the same user, mobile phone with read-only permission and USB with read-write and encryption capability. Because the OS detects both mobile and USB drivers as storage device, it is not possible to set different right for those devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Endpoint security agent support for windows 10

ESA does not support windows 10 ..please release version to avoid using legacy OS

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. File content filter

I believe it would make ESEC more competitive if you could add File content filtering. This way you can control certain data to be copied or transfer to portable devices. You can allow certain group to copy excel type files except for those that contain certain caracters or structures like CC numbers or SS, etc. I have this asked many times my self from my resellers in latin America

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Read and Write Access could be granted seperately in Temporary Access

I suggest you...that in temporary access mechanism, we should be able to grant read and write access separately. Currently, the temporary access has not such granularity. All access for the device/port is granted once temporary access is allowed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Log filenames written to CD/DVD

Ratehr than just the writes, record the filenames of files written to CD/DVD as well. DLP is extremely important nowadays and it would certainly be a help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Computers under Protection Policies has been removed

Under the current version of GFI EndPointSecurity which is 4.3 the Computers view which is under the Protection Policies from the previous version has been removed which i don't think is a good idea. The old version is easy to use and manage when working on several policies and computers. Is it possible to have this feature back and retain the current version if this is more helpful to other users/administrators?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

GFI EndPointSecurity

Feedback and Knowledge Base