How can we improve?

How to know files copy from/to USB

I suggest you...
Is Neccesary redesing your reporter, I know there is a report for detailed activity of devices, but it was impossible get a customized report with filters in order to know:
- files copied from USB to HD, there is no information about the destination path
- files copied from HD to USB, there is no information about the source path

The filters supplied cant distinguis these activities among others as just browsing
Other wise thse report is not useful becuase customers as me wants to know exactly what is being opied from/to for security reasons
Regards

3 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Juan CuyaJuan Cuya shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 4/26/11 23:33]
    the information about the data copied To/FROM any external media. the size of data copied and the type of files copied.
    and quota system for how much data can be copied, this would give much granular control on end users, this would strengthen the security for an organizations data.

• Calin GhibuCalin Ghibu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2/18/11 5:48]
    Hi Juan,
    I think you are right. It is clear that reporting needs to be way more flexible than now.
    In order to make it more flexible and even fully customizable, we are changing the way we generate the reports.

There is a feature planned for one of the releases this year, that will enable you to select the columns you want in, as well as the filteirng condition that decides what rows go in.

Regards,
    Calin Ghibu
    Product Manager - GFI EndPointSecurity

• Product ManagementProduct Management commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 1/31/12 12:17]
    Yes, this is useful information to provide, however it is not simple to implement. That is why it has not yet been implemented. At the low level that the product works, we do not have information on where the data is copied and cannot hook on the copy APIs. We only have information on the access requests. In order to accomplish what you suggest, we would need a disk side driver too and a mechanism to match data reads and writes in order to determine where a file was copied.
    Do not forget that there are programs which do not use file copy APIs but simple read and write data buffers. It is very difficult to determine where the data has been placed in such cases.
    However we are looking into implementing this, quotas included.

• Norman BrodithNorman Brodith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 4/1/14 22:13]
    this should be a report like this. This is same suggestion I made recently.

Feedback and Knowledge Base