How can we improve?

Anti Keylogger function

A anti keylogger function in endpoint security, would be a good selling point to prevent data theft through hardware keyloggers (e.g. USB or. PS/2). The size of keyloggers are limit in size. If there will be a function which generate "trash data" on these interfaces it would be difficulter for hackers to analyse the data on keyloggers.

3 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ronny Wolf shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 7/26/13 5:35]
    one of my customer using EndPointSecurity is requesting this feature as well (108403 (End-User ) Schweizer National)

[Comment date: 1/30/15 8:24]
    Somehow I don't quite see how a software package can interfere with a hardware keylogger.

[Comment date: 2/6/15 10:46]
    I agree with Nathan. A hardware keylogger sits between the keyboard and the computer, so besides being virtual impossible to detect via software, injecting "trash data" would not affect the data being collected by the device itself.

If the requester is asking for anti-keylogging function for a software keylogger, should detection of those rogue applications not already be in EndPoint Security? And I am not sure how the system would generate "trash data" in a way that would not interfere with the normal function of entering data into applications.

Frankly, if a system has a software keylogger installed, it is likely that the system has more significant issues than just the covert collection of information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base