How can we improve Kerio Connect?

Attachments Filter by user, group, domain; inbound/outbound; external/internal

Filter Configuration attachments by user or group, domain; inbound/outbound; external/internal

341 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jeferson Alencar OlsenJeferson Alencar Olsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bernd KohnenBernd Kohnen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, this idea is already more than 6 years old and did not get implemented.
    That is a shame.

Not just since the latest incarnations of so called ransomware we need to block nearly all incoming attachments.

Blocking everything makes life for some departments more difficult.

I my opinion it is extremely neccessary that your developement team starts on implementing some more features to the attachment blocking.

I would like to see some of the following things made possible:

- Block incoming and/or outgoing - I want to send attachements but I do not want to receive them!
    - make exceptions for certain users, regarding incoming/outgoing seperately
    - make exceptions for certain external senders (incoming)
    - let the admins write the message(s) that Kerio sends to the senders when it rejects an attachment, not everyone understands english and not everyone understands tech-talk.

Please, after nearly 7 years it would be a great thing to get that little thing implemented and it really would make our lives better!

Thanks,

Bernd

• GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We have been spending a lot of time on addressing keeping out unwanted and potentially dangerous messages this year with the update to our standard spam filter, and adding a second optional spam filter. We are also working on updating our anti-virus protection to make sure that our users, their devices and their networks stay safe and secure"

Well we will still always block attachments because you can't prevent zero day viruses/malware
    We need the feature to allow specific clients through the attachment filter.

Seriously I am amazed at the lack of understanding of the issue :(

• Heather PAdminHeather P (VP, Products, GFI) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your continued comments and use cases. We have been spending a lot of time on addressing keeping out unwanted and potentially dangerous messages this year with the update to our standard spam filter, and adding a second optional spam filter. We are also working on updating our anti-virus protection to make sure that our users, their devices and their networks stay safe and secure.
    We'll post an update when we're able to add to our messaging filtering rules to bring in more attachment handling capabilities that address these use cases.

5 Months later and ...... Nothing .. Does this confirm Kerio are not taking their clients needs into account?

06/07/2016 Heather wrote:
    "I totally get it, and it is very painful to me to know that you are having to forward attachments manually, which takes extra time very day. We want to address this.
    I was hoping that by acknowledging that we are reading UserVoice frequently and telling you that we understand that this is important, it will ensure that our partners know we are looking at the requests we get seriously and doing our best to work through them.
    This particular one, I have now moved up in priority. Getting comments and good use cases is very helpful - it helps us prioritize and it helps ensure that other stake holders understand why we’re working on these items as we change priorities."

• Klaas LaußmannKlaas Laußmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Heather, this feature is very importance, we need communication with trusted E-Mail users for XML and DOC .

I had a direct email from Heather saying she understood the importance, since emailed her to see if anything was being done ..... Silence...

Still forwarding manually Heather if you read this. This is not good

• Thomas KühlThomas Kühl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will integrated this feature ? We need this to filter unknown attachments from unkown E-Mails.

Already planning migration away having to forward 30 + a day manually times run out for us shame really.

• Jörg BredowJörg Bredow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature because many customers send doc and xls documents to us but we don´t want Crypto Virus in an E-Mail from an unknown sender.

@ Heather "Whilst not assigned you are looking at the comments"

What part of business affecting feature is hard to get ?

We will be off soon as it appears you do not think us manually having to forward blocked genuine attachments every business day a problem or enough of a problem.

This is not a minor issue

• gobbligobbli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on kerio, for what the users have a subscription if you don´t hear his voices for an so important function.

we need this attachment filter yesterday.

"stuartm commented · February 11, 2016 15:30 · Flag as inappropriate
    It was *really* important to us, so much so that we've already switched from Kerio to o365 because this is a rudimentary feature that most other email servers support."

Unfortunately if this does not happen soon I will have to move us too :(

Are you listening Kerio ? This is a Major problem we need to be able to white-list senders of attachments, many send us auto generated attachments and they can't amend the name to allow them to be prefixed as a workaround.
    We see too many dangerous files to allow these through time is running out for us we will have to move soon if this doesn't happen.... On your backlog shift it up the queue it's essential..

• Robert EldredgeRobert Eldredge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming a major hassle for all of my client right now. As of now I have to block all attachments due to these threats.

There needs to be more granularity in these filter rules.

• Domenic DiSorboDomenic DiSorbo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May I suggest that inbound attachment control sends mail to a quarantine mail queue where the intended users is notified with an admin editable message. The admin should then have the ability to manually release that message out of the quarantine queue. Messages need to expire after a defined number of days or is space is needed.

I also suggest that you have a mechanism (policy User/group/Domain) like a higher level policy to bypass attachment control. We all have a few very knowledgeable users that want all their mail no matter what.

• ClausClaus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the moment we have a dangerous IT-Security status (Office-Macro, Crypt, etc.).

Many customers blocked Word and Excel files. I think it is very important when the filter can be set separately for inbound/outbound and external/internal.

For example: You can send Word documents in-house.

• Andreas LammelAndreas Lammel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In face of TeslaCrypt and other Office-Macro virus PLEASE do it fast as possible. My customers need to send office documents intern and like to send out extern such documents. But incomming should be filtered for review first.

• stuartmstuartm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was *really* important to us, so much so that we've already switched from Kerio to o365 because this is a rudimentary feature that most other email servers support.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base