How can we improve Kerio Connect?

Forwarding SMTP with authentification

In the Domain Parameters for SMTP forwarding must need to be login data for authentification, same as smtp-relay settings.

276 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
NobicomNobicom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Guido SchilcherGuido Schilcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the same problem. Need the authentication for forwarding, if the mail-account is not on the same server.

• Thomas KühlThomas Kühl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This work not complete. If I have two domains and I will send E-Mail from domain1 to domain2 to a not existing local E-Mail then use Kerio the false smtp-relay and can not send.

• GasparGaspar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This work not in Kerio 9.04 if we have more than one domain and want send from domain a to domain b .

• AdminAdmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add smtp-auth to mail forwarding to other host if recepient is not on this host

so I can leave some accounts on an external providerhost without using a third-party smtp-proxy

• Martin MietkeMartin Mietke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need that option too.
    Many of our customers are sharing the domain with other organisations/groups, they are not using Kerio Connect.
    Please enter that feature asap.

best regards

Martin Mietke

• Christian MaisChristian Mais commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this feature as a lot of email hosters will afford authentication in the near future because of security reasons (Germanys biggest, 1&1 as example).

Kind regards,

Christian

• larslars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has not been implemented. I ended up setting up a postfix relay to forward emails to users not hosted on our Kerio server but in the same email domain. This should really be easily handled inside Kerio, similarly to how Exchange manages domains (internal relay).

• Pavel DobrýAdminPavel Dobrý (Admin, GFI) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kerio Connect 7.4.3 does use login credentials from SMTP relay server settings in domain forwarding if the SMTP relay is used and it is the same server as forwarding SMTP.

• Eric HackEric Hack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think he means the following:
    Ability to enable authentication in
    Configuration -> Domains -> Edit Domain -> Forwarding
    like in (Configuration -> SMTP Server -> SMTP Delivery)

This will improve security and is useful if you're not the only one who hosts this E-Mail Domain.

Feedback and Knowledge Base