How can we improve Kerio Connect?

COMPLETE BACKUP SOLUTION

I think it's necessary to expand the discussion about general backup improvement.
More complex and fully feautured "backup job"
ability to create unlimited and custom backup jobs where setup for each one:

name
description
destination (local,network, ip, unc , ftp etc..)
full / incremental (mixed)
complete schedulation (montly,weekly, dayly, hourly)
mix different schedulations and type in the same job
ex. monday-incremental......sunday-full

and....any ideas???

203 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminAdmin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sven ZiescheSven Ziesche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree, and please make a difference in notifications. I don't need a message when the backup job was OK. Only when problems occure.

• Radim DvořákRadim Dvořák commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to add the option to run differential backup with one button click. Now there is only button for full backup, so you have to play with the schedule list.

The backup schedule list does not order properly.

Do not overwrite differential backups with the next one. See for example how Veritas System recovery handles this issue.

• GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run the VM version of Kerio

I use Lsyncd which near real time copies the data to another mounted drive image so I always have two copies of current data locally, I find no impact on performance. From there I use an offsite backup of the copy data using the supplied Linux tools from the offsite data storage provider. For me this does what I need.

• Markus MohrMarkus Mohr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have somehow the same options like cobian backup offers. Most important would be an FTP Backup option (locky trojan <3) and to do a seperate, full backup to another location. So do the regular backup to the nas, but once a month a full backup to another server and keep like 6 copies there max.

So you can restore, if something goes really wrong or the usual backup won't go so much back into the past.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy just by having basic support for network destinations for Kerio on Mac OS X. You can mount a sharepoint and choose /Volumes/{networkshare} as destination, but if the the server gets disconnected for whatever reason Kerio will create a local folder in /Volumes
    The next time you mount the network backup volume it will be called {networkshare-1} so Kerio wil keep backing up to the local folder until you manually remove it and reconnect the network share.

So a decent network backup would be greatly appreciated.

• gusgus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently run a cron job to lftp the backup files to another offsite ftp server, but this would indeed be useful add in with logging and maybe. a daily mail to let you know the backup status.

• AdministratorAdministrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, its becoming impossible to push the weekly full backup offsite via a DSL line every week.
    I'd like to see at least a monthly incremental job along with 7Zip compression.

• AdministratorAdministrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 : backup is too poor now. Full+Dif actually create too heavy files to move along the week. incremental would be easyer to push off-site too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base