How can we improve Kerio Connect?

Allow admins to set delegation for users

As a domain admin, I would like to be able to administrate folder delegation for all my users en masse.

ie If everyone needs access to a given shared set of calendars, I don't want to have to login as each user to do it, or send out instructions to make them do it.

508 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Allen HancockAllen Hancock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David UhlmannDavid Uhlmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you can already do this with exchange and o365! just make some lines in powershell and you got it. why is this features so long waiting until it's released?

• Nico LaemersNico Laemers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 years ago this got planned. and now still nothing.

Admin to set delegation,shared folder and cross domain sharing/delegation is realy a must nowday's

• Frank EichelsdörferFrank Eichelsdörfer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all before.. and also add the item "everyone from server" or at least a group in the dropdown userlist for delegation

• AdministratorAdministrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is completely necessary and also, delegation should provide access to everything, including sent email.

• Kerry HormannKerry Hormann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is really disappointing to see that this has not been implemented yet. I dumped Kerio years ago for exactly this kind of issue. Figure it out, people!!! This is not a feature that can be overlooked!

• Thierry AlmyThierry Almy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for example: a domain with 10 users. each's calendar is shared to "everyone in this domain". then, if I define a new user, he doesn't get the invitations for the other calendars. I'd have do get into each of the 10 existing users and make changes in the delegation settings.

I (as an admin) would need a function to resend the invitations, to be able to see the calendars in Apples Calendar.app.

• GiuseppeGiuseppe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the possibility to set a cross.domain Sharing/Delegation. Obviously for Domain hosted on the same server.

• AdministratorAdministrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not to allow the sharing of mailbox directly since the interface of administration in the parameters of the concerned mailbox?

It is tedious to connect to the user interface to share a mailbox. Furthermore, if the mailbox has subfolders we must add the share for each subfolder.

Thks

• rafaelrafael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

planned? idea 2010---->planned in half 2013------>delivery maybe, let me see... to a good ideia 3 years to plan.... 3 more years to wait a queue, 3 more to analise, 3 more to drawn more 3 to developer learn what we want, more 3 to make a beta(maybe retired because unsupport issue), 1 mounth to beta1 again more one to beta2, +1M to rc1 more 1 mounth to RC2 and just one more to stable one.... may they can retire some workwell stuff. so... we are in 2015...
    half of 2030 to be otimist

• Markus MohrMarkus Mohr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also welcome something like that, but in my case it's in case of user calling in sick. Same problem today...

User called in sick - so I set the forward to his colleague BUT the mails he got till I activated are in his mailfolder. And our company forces the users to never give out their pw, so I would have to reset his pw, open his account, set a delegation of the mail folder, tell him the new pw and set his account to "force pw change by first login". If that happens with a roadworker, he would need to change the pw in every device too, because the last 24 pw are saved and forbidden to use.

In Exchange I just did a "give full access to user XYZ" and done.

For data protection reasons it might be an idea for the admin to enable a "config mode" to set the folders and delegations for the users all at once - sending the users a "undeletable" message with a overview what the admin did after he turns the config mode off.

Also if the admin gives delegation out of the config mode in case of someone being sick etc. he should be forced to give a reason why and that also should create a not deletable message for the user to see who/why/what folders were delegated.

• Brian RoseBrian Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still don't know why we have to use old webmail in order to modify delegation. If a user wants to delegate calendar permissions, but does not want to give them access to the inbox (you can do this, and it new calendar events are properly shown in the calendar), you have to do the following:

In order to do delegation without inbox sharing, in the case of "User A" delegating their calendar management to "User B" please do the following:
    1) From User A's Kerio, go into kerio connect (new webmail), settings, delegation, add "User B".
    2) Then, still from User A's Kerio, go into old wabmail, right click on the inbox, click access rights, select and delete "User B".
    3) Win.

I even wrote a powershell script to report inbox over-sharing.

• DmitryDmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can make it as admin)) if you open file status.fld in shared folder, you can find string such as "Ausername@domain.com lrswid". You can add this string to this file and sharing will be maked.

• ToddTodd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. I agree. I posted something like that yesterday...... An option so that, as an example, an office manager could be given read/write access to all Calendar users in a domain or to a group. It's a tedious process to have to go into each users account and give that user(s) r/w access for Calendars.

• James GillJames Gill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't a built-in feature. In order to delegate a users folder I have to reset their password and then log in to their webmail to delegate it myself. If the user happens to be offsite and needs access to their email this is a huge PITA because now they don't have access to their account because their password has been reset.

• Jeffery EgbertJeffery Egbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to have certain folders shared by default as defined in a user template. In addition be able to set groups that are automatically added when using a template.

Like when I add a user using the marketing groups template not only will it grant folder sharing for the marketing group to view/edit their calendar but it will add them the the marketing group mail list.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base