How can we improve Kerio Operator?

Freeseating or Hotdesking - each user logs in on a phone

i know asterisk supports login and logout for users. *1 extension and pincode
In this way freeseating or hotdesking is possible. And when a user is logged out Call forwarding could make it possible to divert incoming calls to collegues, voicemail or mobile phone

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Reality - Xander Lutz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Heather P responded  · 

Thanks for the idea. No immediate plans to implement this. We will keep this idea open for voting. Please comment or vote if this is important to you.

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alexis Skeates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I commented on this back in 2015 regarding a client which was 45 users and expected to grow to around a 100 over 3 years. Well that client grew from 45 users to over 300 in less than a year and half opened a second office in London another office in Manchester and is opening an office in the US and an office in china. So I've really lost out on all those licences. It's getting harder to pitch without this feature.

• Stefan Beyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are loosing sales to other solutions like Mitel MiOffice 400 - these solutions are more expensive, but customers need that feature!

• Nigel Ayres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still something which we're asked for and it would be very useful (and make the system easier to sell).

• Alexis Skeates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking for this as well. I've mentioned it a number of times directly to Kerio. I'm pitching for a client at the moment. They have a Mitel system in place which is new, but because of a bad install implementation they are considering switching to another system.

I can't pitch Operator to them because there is no facility to hotdesk. The client is a flexible working office. People change desks on a daily basis, it's company culture and very strongly encouraged.

It's a 45 user company and expected to grow to over a 100 over the next 3 years. It's a good sale just, but with out the option for me to offer hot desking there is no way I can pitch it.

It's one of the basic features of any modern phone system and I really think it needs some attention. A lot of old PBX Panisonic systems I have replaced provide the same options. I've managed to get past this feature in most occasions, but every now and then I loose a sale because of this.

• Nigel Ayres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a number of clients asking for this facility now. It seems to be one facility which competing systems provide as standard and which Operator notably lacks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base