How can we improve?

Disable updating of specific product

Some of our servers use a program called PDFcreator 1.2.3
The systems that interact with PDFcreator do not support the newer versions of this program.
It would be nice to be able to ignore any patches/updates for specific programs (perhaps per client).
Right now, we can ignore a specific update, but when a new patch is released we have to ignore the new update. Please make it possible to simply ignore a given product.
Thank you.

4 votes
Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Simon Gatke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Devin Quesenberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised that this is not already possible. We have line of business requirements for using certain versions of software. It creates an unnecessary amount of overhead to reject every patch released for software (especially for Adobe and Oracle products).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2013-02-07]
    Java is a problem to me with exactly the same problem, I frequently end up removing Java updates from servers which are suddnly disabled by a new patch where remediation is automatic.

[Comment date: 2013-02-08]
    I need to ignore Adobe Reader updates as newer versions conflict with one of my applications. This application only supports a certain version of Reader. Making it possible to ignore a specific product would be great.

[Comment date: 2013-10-23]
    I don't see how this could be done with products that aren't supported, but this definitely needs to be added where you can "lock" a supported product to a specific version by client site. Java is the beast for us because many clients have MLOB web apps that will not work with the most current java version.

Feedback and Knowledge Base