GFI LanGuard

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tracking of Automatic reboot

Better to have a tracker for reboot. If we scheduled for a reboot immediately after completion of remediation task. It will very helpful if any server / machine not coming up after reboot. We have to take care about this server immediately.

Thanks,
    Rawi

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. LanGuard portable

The LanGuard is an incredible program, but as a Managed Service Provider it would be nice is if there was a stripped down analysis only version that could be run from a USB key without having to be installed and didn't do the actual remediation! Whatever service we sell them will do that! Could be LanGuard, MaxRM, etc...

A utility that would do the analysis (collect patches and software installed, port scan, list connected devices, hardware inventory, event logs, etc) and save the data into {machinename}.xml or something which could later be analyzed by LanGuard against what it can currently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add 3rd party support for VMware Player.

Add 3rd party support for VMware Player. This is a critical application used in our environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add 3rd party support for Java 7 JDK.

Add 3rd party support for Java 7 JDK. This is a critical application in our environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. LanGuard Reporting Export Enhancement

I'd like to suggest that the excel export for the software report include the Application name, Category and Publisher information in each row of the export that is created for each affected HostName. The version and Authorized indicater are already in each row of the export.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sub-categories in LanGuard scan profiles

In the scan profiles options when selecting products/patches to scan for, it would be nice, if there would be sub-categories.
    Not only "Office" or "Windows", but e.g. Office 2003, Office 2007, Office 2010, ... same for SQL and so on...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Initiate verification scan even when user can choose reboot time

Provide the option to initiate a verification scan when giving the user the option choose the reboot time. Currently this only seems to be possible when doing a forced immediate reboot after patch installation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remediation History Report

About this report could be useful to have the possibility to filter by each remediation job . Actually you can filter by period so happen that if in one day you perform two or more remediation operations in the remediation report are dispayed all jobs .
    Another way to obtain the report for each opertion is the possibility to delete the remedian operation using the console

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. LanGuard - Adobe Acrobat License

If you go to your results under the software tab for your target device, you can see what software is installed on that device. Now if you went and looked for the product Microsoft Office, you will see its license key. I wanted to know if you could please do the same for Adobe Acrobat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Report for Relay Management

I would like a report showing the Relay servers listing what client devices are configured for that relay ans a total count of number of clients attached.

The message of 100 or more clients are connecting to a relay is great, but useless as to identifying which relay is over booked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for Operating System (a) Mint 13 Maya and (b) BOSS 5

Dear Team,
    Please release a GFI Languard Upgrade Version that can support Operating System (a) Mint 13 Maya and (b) BOSS 5, which are used in Indian Army in more than 1,00,000 units
    The iso image of OS can be downloaded from following link-

a)Mint 13 (Maya)- http://iso-linuxmint.hnsdc.com/stable/13/linuxmint-13-mate-dvd-64bit.iso

b)Boss 5 dektop -ftp://mirror.bosslinux.in/ISO%20Images/Desktop/anokha/amd64/boss-5.0-amd64-DVD-Final-Jan30-2014.iso

Kindly Reply ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Languard add-on request

We were thinking of some add-on that would be greatly appreciated and very well helpful for our organization (and obviously to many others). First, it’s to have the possibility to retrieve the license number or serial key of each applications in the software inventory and second, having the possibility to retrieve the number of times that each software was opened.

Someone in our IT department told me that a software from ScriptLogic (now Dell) was able to retrieve these infos so I doubt it would be impossible…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Able to delete attributes

Currently it is impossible to completely delete an attribute, not just remove it from a host.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Maintenance Window Before Deployment

Looking for a maintenance window on the Before Deployment tab similar to the After Deployment tab.

Maintenance Windows
    Immediately - Default - would deploy patches immediately
    At the next occurrence of
    When between - Set time and/or days
    Patches would wait until window and then deploy between the time. If they did not complete during maintenance window they would finish on next cycle.
    Let the user decide.
    Deploy now
    Remind me in
    Deploy on
    "Don't bother me again" - should be optional. Admin could either leave it place or remove it from the dialog box. Patches shouldn't be prevent by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Alphanumerically Sort Computers when Choosing from the Network

Alphanumerically sort the computers/OUs that are shown when choosing computers from the network to add to the Dashboard or to scan. See the attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to Reboot by platform

The company has many platforms (eg, Database and application servers) that is going in an order. Your application could have a button to make manual or automatic reboot. My job is to manage servers and the time window has to be approved by management.

Thanks

Juan M.Molina

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to turn off boot scan / only scan on next schedule

I would like to be able to scan only on the next scheduled scan, and not have the machine scan on the next time it is booted if a scan Is missed. This would reduce load on the machine booting up. It would be an easy fix, I believe, but I've been wrong before. Thanks,

A

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Agents compatible with Synology products

I attempted to deploy an agent during my trial of LanGuard to my Synology NAS but sadly the software doesn't appear to be compatible. I'm surprised considering the popularity of these smaller devices for small business owners like myself. I use my NAS as an Email and DNS Server in addition to storage of business documents. If developing a patch for LanGurad is cost prohibitive, maybe a compromise for all parties would be to develop a LanGuard software 'Package' that can be deployed onto the NAS. Check out this link https://www.cphub.net/?id=6. Maybe the package can talk to LanGaurd from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. non-Windows machine scanned by relay agent

Now relay agent can scan Windows machines. Please add non-Windows scanning feature.

Since relay agent is Languard without GUI, I cant see why not scans non-Windows machines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. relay agent across WAN

Now relay agent can only be installed and used within internal network or VPN(still internal network).

Customer who dont use VPN cant use relay agent.

Please add this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base