GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Advanced SPF filtering - options separately for SOFT FAIL, Neutral, Unknown and NONE

Could you please allow each option separately? Each would have its own check box, each result.

SOFT FAIL
    Neutral
    Unknown
    NONE

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Anti Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. quarantine action Audit log - for SPAM Quarantine

quarantine action Audit log - for SPAM Quarantine
    All Actions (release, delete, ond so on) on Malware Quarantine will be logged in an Textfile for Review.
    it would be very usefull to add this function to te SPAM Quarantine as well.
    we have actual the Problem that nobody can find out who worked on a missed false positve in SPAM Quarantine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Auto-Whitelist check email Whitelist before adding.

I have added *@domain.com to my email whitelist. But when users email anybody at domain.com, they are added to auto-whitelist. Auto-whitelist should check the manual whitelist before filling up my auto-whitelist entry limit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Quarantine url acces per user

We can provide the MailEssentials url to end users. If a domain user goes to the MailEssentials site, they will see the User Console section at the bottom, where they can look at their quarantined items and release them. My questions is:
    "Is it any way that just only the spammed email of the user who is loged in appear for the approval and release option but not all emails for all users together? Because if one user make a mistake for another user it won't be good.
    Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

GFI MailEssentials has 2 quarantines

Spam Quarantine
    This is available to all end users and users can see their email.
    Administrators, on the other hand, can view all emails and approve/delete as necessary.

Malware Quarantine
    This is only available to Administrator users and users can here re-scan, approve, delete or sanitize and approve.

5. Quarantine reports

Need to add the option "IMMEDIATLY" on the sending report of quarantine email report for "Approval" because the one hour maximum delay for each report is too long for our users.
    I mean it will be better if we can choose an option which can send report for approval as soon as the spammed mail come.
    Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

If you want the immediate, then I suggest to opt for a different method, like tag email subject with words SPAM or putting in JUNK folder.

Having an email generated for 1 spam email results in simply making quarantine reports as spam.

6. German Characters should be handled correct

German characters should be used correct.
    1. If a German character (ä, ö, ü) is used in a password the proxy configuration does not work correct (bug)
    2. If mail essential sends mail that an update of a antivirus engine failed, it sends german text but the german character (ä,ö,ü) are wrong in the e-mail (only cosmetic)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Generic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GreyList Multi Server - Major Issue

I had posted this a few years back in the forum. The issue is with Greylisting and multi servers which causes major NDR’s.

When a email comes in and is blocked by greylist on one server the firewall load balancing may send the request to the other server upon retry.
    So if greylist is 3 attempts with load balancing and 2 servers it could potentially hit a total of 6 times.

So even though the sending server sent it 3 times the receiving servers could have it once on one server and twice on another resulting in an NDR (if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Approved messages per user - Summary Report

Provide a report that displays the number of messages manually approved by each user from the GFI MailEssentials Spam Quarantine.

This will allow us to find opportunities for user education and optimization of whitelists, and reduce the amount of time users spend approving messages from the GFI quarantine.

Bonus points for adding a drill down feature that shows a list and count of each of the senders that a user approved over the specified period of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Autowhitelist option to use sender SMTP and not MIME

As part of my recent support ticket GFI-180905-653618, it was explained to me that the Autowhitelist that is generated based from outbound e-mails utilizes the MIME from field. We have seen a large increase in messages that have forged MIME From fields and mismatching SMTP From fields. We have manually switched all the entries in our regular Whitelist database to Sender SMTP, but would like to do the same for the Auto-Whitelist in order to better protect against spoofed messages purporting to be from customers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SMTP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Date format option in GFI Reporting

When creating a report one of the options is Custom Date. The date selector appears in my required ( UK) format dd\mm\yy. However when I generate the report and view it, the data is presented with the dates in mm\dd\yy format. This is inconvenient and also seems a bit sloppy. Can the report not be generated to reflect the date format on the previous screen / geo zone?.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. EMZ Files blocked as "Malformed File Extension (High alert)"

Emz dateien werden geblocked als "Malformed File Extension (High alert)". diese sind aber nach meinen recherchen gepackte emf dateien, also windows grafik dateien die meines erachtens als ungefährlich zu betrachten sind.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Detection rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. android

Android/iPhone app for approving quarantines remotely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Attachment Filtering

Attachment Filtering for Outbound with external exceptions.

Currently, if you have an outbound attachment filter, the only exceptions you can add are for local users. My company has multiple divisions which we trust our users to send attachments to but no way to add external domains as exceptions to outbound attachment filtering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Failed Mail processing - more helpful please

We've had Mail Essentials for many years.
    Occasionally, something has gone wrong and many emails are left unprocessed (and undelivered) in various FailedMails folders. I then have to trawl the Internet for the means to re-present those mails to Exchange.
    Please at least give me some links to the folders I need to complete the task and some instructions in the failure warning email.
    Or preferably give me a process which will retrieve those emails, rename them from *.txt to *.eml and move them to the Replay folder for reprocessing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

With the latest version of GFI MailEssentials v21.3 FailedMails go directly to the quarantine (as well as being saved to the FailedMails folder).

This is valid for most scenarios.

In this case all that needs to be done is from the interface to click on ReScan.

15. smtp TLS

Hello,

the need to activate TLS in the IIS is rising. Unfortunetly the IIS SMTP service is very limited. I can not make any exclusione to do not start TLS communication with a domain/server. I can only turn it on or off. That is definetly not stat of the art. Any thoughts about replacing IIS SMTP service with a more powerfull product.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SMTP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Universal Rules search

I find myself often searching for the reason that an email is Quarantined OR whitelisted OR blocked.
    A universal "Search all Rules" button would be SO useful.
    It would list ALL rules which could be triggered by this current email with, presumably, the one that fired at the top.
    It can be SO difficult to track these things down, often by repeatedly typing a variety of keywords or partial keywords, with or without wildcards, into several Search boxes.
    Please, a button to return ALL rules, in precedence order, with then a button for each rule to let me edit it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. TLS 1.1 TLS1.2 Support

Hello, in the last time ME version 21.2 in the POP2Exchange Connector only TLS1.0 is supported. Since TSL1.0 will be switched off at various providers as of 01.07.2018, there is the problem that emails can no longer be retrieved via POP2Exchange.
    https://maxcluster.de/blog/2018/04/19/tls-1-0-gefaehrdet-pci-dss-compliance/
    Currently I am solving this via the tool "Stunnel". In a Howto from the house GFI is explained how to configure this. TLS1.1. and TLS1.2 must be integrated into GFI ME as soon as possible and should be included as soon as possible in the next update. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search Button for 'Keywords'.

There needs to be a button to search for Keywords in Content filtering.

Right now you have to scroll through pages and pages of 'Keywords' to remove or find a keyword.

Keywords are a very effective way of blocking spam and my list is now up to 353 pages, and scrolling through them to 'check' or 'remove' a keyword is a pain in the ass. Especially if you 'accidently' add one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Filter on 'helo'

I would like to see filtering around the 'helo' inbound servers receive.

Being able to block using wildcards:
    *.newsletter.email

or /regular expression:
    mail\d{2}\.newsletter\.email

on the 'helo' from remote server names would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User notification email to:/cc:/bcc: seperation

Currently the user notification mail for filter actions contains all email recipients in the to field of the form and certainly in the address field of the email client.
    All will receive the same notification email, even if they are to, cc or bcc recipients.
    This behavior does not meet the Intention of bcc.
    Any recipient should get a seperate notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

GFI MailEssentials

Feedback and Knowledge Base