GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MailEssentials Spam Quarantine Digest Report Email "From" address

It would be nice to have the ability to set a different "from" email address that the Spam Quarantine Digest Report Emails are sent from, rather than just the administrator email in GFI ME. It is nice to have the administrator email send us alerts about bayesian or anti-phishing alerts or failures, but not for the users to be able to reply to it from the digest report. I know there are ways in Exchange to limit who can send to that address, etc, but just thought it would be a nice feature.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Too many entries in SpamDigest

SpamDigest should NOT show greylisted mails that are later permitted after the greylisting period of about 15 minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Close connection after invalid RCPT TO command when DH is in SMTP mode

At the moment DH in SMTP mode accepts all the recipients with 250, and performs the check and closes the connection after the "DATA" command. Would be better to perform the check and close the connection after the RCPT TO command.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. DNS-name in stead of IP (perimeter)

Some domains have backup MX-records at their ISP/IT-partner. In those cases, the SMTP-perimeter server setting is in place, but I've seen that some of the ISPs work with variable IP-ranges, ergo ME is not set correctly all the time (it does not support MX-records, but IP-addresses, and those pointers can vary in practice).
    For example:
    10 mail.domain.com, which is 1 IP
    20 backup.isp.com, which might resolve now in 2 IP's, but tomorrow in 3, or 2 different IP's.
    Not too common, but I know KPN is changing IP's really often.

0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. X-header whitelist feature

We have some customers working with the ISP as a backup for their email. Sometimes they also scan for virusses and spam, while adding an X-header afterwards. Whitelist based on X-header-value is a nice option in this case, so if scanned and X-header=%value%, then it is safe to pass along, but keep directory harvesting, bayesian, etc in the loop. ISP's don't keep track of all, like with MAX MAIL.
    So treat those emails as they would have been scanned by MAX MAIL, but make the value editable...

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export settings

It would be nice to have a unified option to export settings from one machine to another. Currently you have to export 5 seperate settings: EmailBlocklist.xml, KeywordCheckingGeneral.txt, KeywordCheckingSubject.,txt, ManualWhitelist.xml, Phishing.xml and one database: autowhitelist.mdb. A unified option alowing you to tick what you want (either all or you can choose which ones you need) feature would be apriciated.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. To Leave a copy of message on server

I suggest to have a option in MailEssentials "To Leave a copy of message on server" after downloading emails from the mail server

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Quarantine Report links are only internal links.

Allow link in Quarantine Report is a internal link. Need to change it for external Domain. So notebook POP3 users can use it outside company without vpn.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Spamdigest without Greylist entries

sometimes i get a ME spamdigest with 300 greylist entries and 1 spam. so i must scroll for this one.

for what i need to know about this greylist entries? i think no one need it really.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Autowhitelist for Authenticated User

Our users cant send mails with his notebooks over port 25. At first Greylist blocks and then most mails are deletet about DNBL.

The hint with another SMTP Virtuall Server isnt a good idea. No Autowhitelist and simple to find for Spamer.

So please learn ME to know a authenticated User.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Unique Message Numbers in message subject, mail monitoring feature

Add unique message decimal numbers (i.e. 1,2,3 etc) on every message that is being processes by mail monitoring feature from GFI Mail Essentials, enhancing indexing, searching, quick find and auditing capabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Quarantine search: Add support for wildcards

Quarantine search: Add support for wildcards

Problem:

Need to find and approve all quarantined email from a valid domain. Wildcard search is not supported in the MailEssentials Quarantine Recipient/Sender searches.

Suggestion:

Add wildcard search in the MailEssentials Quarantine Recipient/Sender searches.

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Quarantine notifications to mail-enabled public folders

Problem:

Quarantine notifications are not working for email-enabled public folders.

Email to the public folders are being quarantined. Therefore, a quarantine digest SHOULD be sent to the public folder.

Suggestion:

ME should alter the LDAP query being made so that it includes mail-enabled public folders.

Background:

Our customers send us email directed to public folders. Such
    as "Customer Service", "Feedback", "Clients", etc. It is our employees'
    responsibility to manage and respond to email in these folders.

Spam to these mail-enabled public folders are being redirected to the quarantine. This is good. But the public folders are NOT receiving quarantine notifications.…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Anti phishing filter

Webmonitor has anti-phishing database. Why won't you combind this database into ME and let ME can scan the url in email body to filter them....

0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add text labels to stats graph

I'm having trouble seeing which colour belongs to which filter. A (abbreviated) filter name underneath each column would solve that.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cache Directory Harvesting results for a while

We get 30,000 mails a day, resulting in 30,000 Active Directory lookups. If the result of a lookup were cached for a bit (say 15 minutes or so) it would save the network and the domain controller some resources.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cache greylist survivors for a while

Keep a list of external senders which have passed the greylisting once. When on that list they aren’t stalled again by greylisting because they are known to survive it anyway. This saves pointless delays.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MailEssentials Reporting

Currently, there is no way to do a report on a specific user to see if an email was blocked from the reports section. If a user comes to me and tells me an email was blocked yesterday, but I have the sender whitelisted, I need to be able to view that the email does exist and that it was iether blocked or flagged good... and if it was blocked, why it was blocked... like how the dashboard is laid out, but for reporting on specific dates.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Company Name or Domain listed in auto generated emails from ME

Below is the email the owner of the company received.

We receive these messages and do not know what company they are from.
    We have GFI MailEssentials on 4 customer sites. We would like to know how to tell which company it is for.

------------------------------------------
    Subject: GFI MailEssentials SURBL Blacklist alert!

This is an email generated automatically by your GFI MailEssentials
    installation since a problem in the DNS server has been detected.

This problem is causing all attempts to query SURBL blacklists to fail, since
    the DNS server is unreachable.

Please verify the DNS server configured on this computer or…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ME 2010 Dashboard Retention For Processed Email

We discovered that we could barely go back 24 hours historically within ME 2010 Dashboard for processed email. In the previous version the retention was longer. Support lead us to log files we could search. Suggest adding either a retention setting within the Dashboard for processed email or ability to load a log file allowing searches and filters within the GUI Dashboard interface.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI MailEssentials

Feedback and Knowledge Base