GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back the ability to have AntiSpam rules run before ContentFilter

Prior to 2012 we used to be able to process all the Anti Spam rules before the attachment filtering took place. This allows us to quarantine the small amount of attachments that sneak through the Anti Spam rules, rather than quarantine a large amount of emails with attachments. We also notify our local users of quarantines and since we are regularly spammed with virus infested .ZIP files as well as a large number of our customers send us .ZIP files, we are forced to quarantine emails with .ZIP file attachments but also forced to notify the user for each one…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IP Blocklist - Auto Update

Add an Auto Update to the IP Blocklist that would pull down the top 100 Spammer IP's for the week/month. Ex:Junipers DAILY TOP 100 ANTI-SPAM BLACKLIST

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Anti-Spam quarantine + notify action

There is no way with Anti-Spam filters to quarantine an item AND notify the administrator and/or local-user.

Anti-Virus allows actions of quarantining items AND notifying the administrator and/or local-user.

Anti-Spam allows only actions of quarantining items without notification, or delivering items with notification.

It would be useful to be able to notify the admin and/or user if a message has been quarantined by an Anti-Spam filter (particularly some of the more imprecise Anti-Spam filters e.g. Keyword filtering) as there is a chance of false detections (commonly when changing the filter specs) and waiting for a Spam Digest report may not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. anti-spoof does not look at "mail from" address

Anti-spoof only seems to look at the reply to address and not the mail from. We were receiving hundreds of messages a day with forged "mail from" addresses which appeared to come from our domains.

To work around GFI's failure to detect them we have had to put Linux based SMTP servers in front of our GFI servers to block messages with a "mail from" any of our domains.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to increase debug log files

It will be nice to have an ability to increase all debug log files from default 5mb to bigger size. it will help troubleshooting easier on high volume servers when files wont overwritten so fast.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

i there,

This is possible to increase via registry key. Please contact support for this.

Thank you for your interest in our products

With kind regards,
    GFI Software

6. Editing List Server messages

List Server message: subscribe, unsubscribe and confirmation text editing would be very useful for non-English-speaking countries

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unify dashboard log for multi server

Having to check each GFI server for email logs is painful and slow. In a multi-server environment it would be great if each server showed the logs for all servers in the environment. This would mean you only ever had to open the logs on one server to see all messages.

I wouldn't mind losing the real-time updates and have to hit a refresh button instead if I got all server results on one page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

For this particular scenario we suggest to use the Reporting feature as this can give you insight on the entire mailflow in the organization (all multi-servers)

Regards
    Ian Bugeja
    GFI Software

8. Allow login via UPN

Allow users to login to quarantine interface via their upn (usually email) along their samaccount.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Exchange accepted domains

Hi GFI,

So basically, when we installed GFI we had a number of domains on our server:
    Domain1.com
    Domain2.com
    Domain100.com

Months later, we added a new domain to our exchange accepted domain list:
    NEWdomain.com
    What we would expect is that GFI MailEssentials automatically picks up the NEWdomain.com from the Exchange accepted domains list.
    This has not happened, please could make a fix for GFI MailEssentials so this bug/feature is resolved?

Regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove X-Headers from outgoing e-mails (internal data exposure)

We’ve GFI MailEssentials installed on our Exchange Edge servers.
    For security reasons we use the Header firewall to prevent internal data from being exposed outside of our organization.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232136(v=exchg.150).aspx

The header firewall strips all internal mail headers when sending mail to the internet.

After installing GFI Mailessentials we were really sad that this product doesn’t care and adds the following headers to every mail when being send to the internet.

X-GFI-SMTP-Submission: 1
    X-GFI-SMTP-HelloDomain: hellofrominternalserver
    X-GFI-SMTP-RemoteIP: IPofOtherInternalHost

Unfortunately GFI adds the hello and IP address of the server (internal) where it receives the mail from to the header and sends this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. language filter - admin configurable minimum number of characters

I understand the language filter is only triggered if there are more than 50 characters in that language together.
    Can this number be set by the admin please rather than fixed.

We have been getting a number of persian spam emails, but the character strings are only about 20 or 30 long mixed in with English, most of the message will come down in the image if clicked I suspect but since persian/arabic type languages are not known here it would help to be able to block them better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exclude File Extensions from Trojan Scanner

We have customers that send us executable files renamed as TXT extension . We would like to be able to get them and exclude them from the Trojan Scanner or White List Users or email domains from Trojan Scanner

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skip inappropriate items in public folders

When a user puts a meeting request or internal e-mail in "Add to blocklist", the system, it seems that the code should be able to handle those situations more gracefully rather than stopping processing altogether and causing messages to build up in public folders. I believe that if a user puts something inappropriate in the public folder, GFI Mail Essentials should simply disregard that item and continue processing items rather than halting all processing for that public folder. I am quite surprised that support suggested I put in a feature request on this issue, in my humble opinion this is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change subject and SecurityReport.html text for sanitized e-mail

You allow administrators to change the texts (in the templates) when users receive an email from an GFI product.

Unfortunately when a user receives a sanitized e-mail the subject is:
    "GFI MailEssentials sanitized email"

and in the SecurityReport.html you state: "Parts of this item were removed by GFI MailEssentials because they breached the security policy of the sending email server."

In my opinion this should also be changeable.

It doesn't make sense to allow administrators changes to all emails the product sends, but not allowing to change the template for sanitized e-mail.

My case number was: GFI-151209-380761

We'd like to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add send NDR when message inbox on administrator mailbox (on global actions)

Add send NDR when message inbox on administrator mailbox (on global actions)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. new senders

In GFI 2015 by default the New Senders feature is Enabled by default and the Action is set to Delete email. This has caused us a huge pain as we have lost a huge business due to this. Feature shall either not be turned on by default, or the default settings should be to Quarantine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sync keyword filtes between master/slave servers in multi-server config

I think custom keyword filters in the Content Filtering > Keyword Filtering - needs to be added to the items that sync between master/slave servers in a multi-server configuration. It seems a no brainer to me to make any many filters as possible sync between master and slave servers, otherwise we have to do so much double data entry. Until then I have to open a support ticket to find a way to manually keep my custom keyword filters in sync between servers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ASE Log files in C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\DebugLogs

Please can we have the option to set how big these log file can grow. At the moment on our Mail Essential system we only have about 3 hours of information as our system is very busy. extlogsize registry setting doesn't allow have any affect on ASE log files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Why would you want to increase the debuglog size? Please note that having debuglog enabled does impact the performance heavily.

it also depends on what speed the disks are.

GFI Support have the ability to increase such log size.

20. Add a Mail Monitoring recipient option for "Any Valid User"

If an inbound mail monitoring rule is added with a recipient wildcard *@domain.com, then even e-mails with an invalid prefix are copied to the monitor mailbox.

It would be useful to add an option for "Any Valid User", rather than the wildcard address.

This is particularly important where e-mail sent to a user listed in exceptions, makes it's way to the monitor mailbox due to a misspelt prefix. In our case the monitor mailbox is a public folder accessible to staff, so privacy is quite important for those listed in exceptions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI MailEssentials

Feedback and Knowledge Base