GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reject 25 seat minimums

I've been a Partner/Reseller for over a decade and am NOT a supporter of the 25 seat minimums. I already have clients who have 6 & 8 seats but pay for 10 as it is. You are supposed to be an SMB but are forgetting the "S" part. Com 'on, GFI, don't get too greedy. Go back to 10 seat minimums!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We do apologize for the late response. this measure was taken back a few weeks after it was introduced. The 10 seats minimum will be here and no plans are on the roadmap to change this to a higher number.

Thank you for your interest in our products and we hope to welcome new 10+ licenses by you and many other.

With kind regards,
    GFI Software

2. Config Sync - better replication

We will end up running Mail Essentials on 5 incoming SMTP/Exchange servers. Manually making changes to each one individually is a huge pain for IT Server staff. We've tried the sync agent and the import/export tool and found them lacking. The sync agent would be perfect IF it included more of the actual product config. Only synching the whitelists and weights isn't sufficient. For example, if I make a change to the spam keyword filter, I have to either manually update the keyword filter on all the other servers, or do the export/import procedure manually - in order to get…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block all non .com and .net domains

You can block domains individually but it would be nice to add an option to block all non .com and .net domains. Maybe just have a white list for different domain endings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Already Present  ·  messagingpm responded

Hi John,

Thank you for your request.

You can already achieve this using the Email Blocklist using the @.com or @.net wildcards.

Thanks and regards,

Ben Vincenti

4. Quarantine url acces per user

We can provide the MailEssentials url to end users. If a domain user goes to the MailEssentials site, they will see the User Console section at the bottom, where they can look at their quarantined items and release them. My questions is:
    "Is it any way that just only the spammed email of the user who is loged in appear for the approval and release option but not all emails for all users together? Because if one user make a mistake for another user it won't be good.
    Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Anti Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

GFI MailEssentials has 2 quarantines

Spam Quarantine
    This is available to all end users and users can see their email.
    Administrators, on the other hand, can view all emails and approve/delete as necessary.

Malware Quarantine
    This is only available to Administrator users and users can here re-scan, approve, delete or sanitize and approve.

5. Chinese Spam

We receive a lot of spam with chinese characters. However, they are all UTF-8 encoded, therefore the header check of the character set doesn't work. Maybe you could add a detection method which tries to guess the language based on the UTF-8 characters? E.g if the mail contains at least 1 chinese character, classify it as Chinese.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Anti Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

In GFI MailEssentials we have a Language Detection filter which is already able to do this mentioned functionality. It works by actually detecting the language and has support for both Traditional and Chinese languages. The functionality you mention as part of the Header checking is quite obsolete now and we suggest to use the new filter.

http://manuals.gfi.com/en/mailessentials/content/administrator/anti-spam/anti-spam_filters/language_detection.htm

This was released as part of the 2014 version
    https://www.gfi.com/company/press/2014/07/gfi-software-enhances-gfi-mailessentials-with-new-antivirus-engine-and-antispam-capabilities

Regards
    Ian

6. Customizable notification messages

I would like the edit the malware notification message the a user receives.

As an example, I would like to add something like
    „If you feel that this is a false-postive action, please contact Mr. XY, phone numer 1234 for further assistance.“

Also the customers asked, whether it is possible to add their Company logo to such notifications and to quarantine-mails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for your feedback.

You can already modify the notifications from the Templates folder from within the GFI MailEssentials installation directory.

To locate the template you wish to modify I would suggest to search for text that is visible in the original template.

Please take a backup to ensure that you can resolve to the existing template on any errors. Also note that on upgrades the template will be reverted back to original, so keep a copy of the modified template.

For testing you can send emails appended with test virus eicar available from eicar.com

Thanks & regards
    Ian

7. About the Message Logs

About Logs on Dashboard
    - 40K records, it is not enough for big company
    - No option to backup or extract to save it.
    - Dashboard, it is interface --> it must load data from database --> I hope that your team consider and support users when they need to get the old historical.

Regards
    Thanh Phuong

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. GFI Mailessentials and Exchange 2013/2016 Edge Transport via AD LDS

Can we get GFI Mailessentils to communicate via AD LDS or access the recipient information that off-domain Exchange Edge Transport Servers receive via AD LDS for modules like Directory Harvesting. That way no one has to expose LDAP or LDAPS to their DMZ in addition to AD LDS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Quarantine actions audit log - who,when and how disposed some quarantined items.

When there is several quarantine admins sometimes happen misunderstanding, if some of quaranteened mails passed, rejected or something else by one admin without informing others.
    I should search it through a lot of log files (\wwwconf\debuglogs\QFE_ItemDetails.log, wwwconf\debuglogs\QuarWeb.log , ActionServices\Debuglogs \* etc.
    It would be very nice to have QuarantineAdmins activity in one small log. Colunms are messageID, mailfrom, rcptto, date_quarantined, date_unquarantined, disposal way, admin_name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allowing Users to Add sender in whitelist in Quarantine Report

Allowing Users to Add sender in whitelist in Quarantine Report

Version 2010 is new one with enhancement of Quarantine Database and Graylistning. Admin have control to Approve and Whitelist, while users only can approve.

If GFI adds the following features the productivity will be enhanced.

1. Add the Whilelist button for users as they have Approve button, so they can manage their own spam.

2. Ability to provide admin access to individual users, so they can access and manage their own spam.

3. Add the sort criteria in the search box of Quarantine Admin console.

4. Add the option of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Aulkarim,

This feature is already present but you must first enable the Personal Whitelist under Whitelist → Personal Whitelist in the GFI MailEssentials Configuration.

Thanks and regards,

Ben Vincenti

11. Whitelist for keyword filtering

With ME 2010 the keyword checking is a part of the anti-spam filters. If the whitelist is positioned higher in filter priority than keyword checking, emails from whitelisted senders aren’t checked by keyword checking.
    With ME 2012 keyword checking isn’t longer a part of the anti-spam filters. It’s now part of the content filtering (imported rule by the upgrade). Due to this, emails from whitelisted senders are always checked by keyword filtering and could be blocked.
    The result of this changed behavior is that a lot of good emails are blocked now.
    The GFI support team told me that it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Already Present  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bring back mark e-mail with text in the keyword filtering

In MailEssentials 2012 is not possible to mark an e-mail with a specific text like in the previous versions.

Please bring back this feature coz is annoying to have all the spam-mails in quarantine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Already Present  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Keyword Filter

The Keyword Filter has been moved to "Content Security" in the latest build which now combines MailEssentials and Content Security. The Keyword Filter should still part of MailEssentials! We have many clients who use it in MailEssentials and like that items it traps goes to Junk Mail where they can access it easily. Moving it to Content Security means users can't get at the mail without an administrator, and it means that users who only had MailEssentials LOSE A FEATURE THEY'VE HAD ALL ALONG. This is already losing you renewals as our clients are asking to switch to another product…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Already Present  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Whitelist & Approve

Please re-add the "Whitelist & Approve" option in the users quarantine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Already Present  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disk space alert for quarantine store

I would like the ability to change the ME disk space alert email settings, specifically to change the disk space level at which the alerts are triggered.

WARNING! GFI MailEssentials free disk space for Quarantine stores is less than 1GB

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MailEssentials Logging

Please can you add an Application log (or add an event log in the Application log) for the following items, so they can be automatically monitored:

- License usage (nearing and over limit) - hourly
    - Available updates for the software
    - License nearing expiry
    - Failure to scan

Other one's that would be good:

- No changes in the dashboard for 1 hour (last e-mail) during business hours (changeable filed within the configurator)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. WHITELIST FROM QUARENTINE EMAIL

USERS NEED THE ABILITY TO WHITELIST FROM THE QUARENTINE EMAIL AS WELL AS THE ABILITY TO APPROVE

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

This feature is already present in GFI MailEssentials 2015. You first need to ensure that you have enabled the Personal Whitelist in AntiSpam → Whitelist → Personal Whitelist tab.

Thanks and regards,

Ben Vincenti

18. Spam email that was Whitelist positive

I have a spam email that is getting through as a whitelist entry. I have scoured the whitelist and cannot figure out which entry it matches. It would be REALLY nice to have a place where I could enter the "From" email address and see which whitelist entry (regular or Auto) it is associated with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Already Present  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reject Action

Actually it's not possible to reject messages considered as spam, you can only "delete", generate NDR, deliver to inbox/junk, tag e-mail. I don’t want to generate NDR because they are bandwith consuming; "reject" consumes less server resources as you don´t have to process the entire email, no data is received. All other Anti-Spam products (and Exchange Server itself) permit to do this kind of action.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mail Essentials SMTP From Blacklist

In Mail Essentials it would be great to have the option to block by SMTP from as well as Mime from on the blacklist. it would make a great addition to be able to block all the *@*.ru messages that claim to be from yahoo.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI MailEssentials

Feedback and Knowledge Base