How can we improve?

Content Filtering fails on check for amount of files in archives

Why do technicians ask users to give feedback for bug reports; shouldn't this be handled by the technician? Nonetheless, GFI ME Version 20.1 Build 20160420 has a bug where a SINGLE large PPTX file compressed into a ZIP file fails the decompression engine stating that ZIP file "exceeded maximum number of files allowed" even though the threshold was set to 2000. This is a bug report. Please fix your software! Thanks.

1 vote
Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Frank Vilece shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminIan Bugeja (VP, Product Management, GFI) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

A pptx file is merely a zip file compressed to contain the different media and files. The most probable case is that in your example the pptx file contains more than 2000 files thus it's being blocked. If I'm incorrect in this statement please open a ticket with GFI Support and provide a sample which is causing the issue.

What I can suggest is to utilise the Exclusion in the Scan Within Archives option (found in Decompression Engine) and make sure that pptx is added to the list.

Please note that such files will still be scanned with the AV engines however they will not be processed as single individual files.

Regards
    Ian

Feedback and Knowledge Base