How can we improve?

Whitelist for content filtering

A whitelist for content filtering module since at the moment we cannot whitelist or exclude any email addresses or domains

10 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fergeal Cutajar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Roger Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also block attachments by several extensions and would like the option to whitelist on content filtering or at least exclude senders from a specific rule.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Comment date: 2014-07-16]
    I don't understand why the content policy module was released without the option to allow the whitelist to bypass it! Surely the content policies, as with the anti-spam filters, should always allow messages from the whitelist. What's the point in having a whitelist for content policy to just to quarantine messages anyway?

[Comment date: 2015-01-30]
    I also do not understand the logic behind not having the white-list over-ride the content filters. Sure the AV side I get, its obvious. But the white list should be just that... a white-list and should only be superseded by the AV side. This one shortcoming has caused me enough grief from the C and E levels in our organization that I am considering moving away from your product. please use your heads and at least let ME the mail administrator decide on this in the filter priority settings.

[Comment date: 2015-03-25]
    Another vote for this. With Cryptolocker being such a large threat I'm leveraging GFI to block all .zip attachments. However we have a few vendors that still send us documents that have been zipped. Please add this in a future release. Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base