GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable autowhite for "out of office reliers"

An option to disable adding to the autowhite list database when a user is using the "out of office" feature within exchange.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Whitelist for decompression engine

We want to be able to send emails with password protected archives and block just incoming emails containing password protected archives.
    We need to send daily emails with password protected archives.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Check duplicate email sent to numerous users 1 at a time

I see so often the same user same subject sending emails to different (valid) users right in a row. The logs look like

Sender: ISpam@xyz.com Recipient: BobSmith@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

Sender: ISpam@xyz.com Recipient: LarryTom@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

Sender: ISpam@xyz.com Recipient: BrianSoft@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

Sender: ISpam@xyz.com Recipient: KellySmith@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

Sender: ISpam@xyx.com Recipient: ChrisJoe@mycompany.com Subject: URGENT!!!

It's blatantly spam, and I see it constantly. It would be nice if I could say, if I receive X emails from the same person, same subject, sent to different people within Y minutes delete them all. This can even work with the greylist feature, if it…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Autowhitelist option to use sender SMTP and not MIME

As part of my recent support ticket GFI-180905-653618, it was explained to me that the Autowhitelist that is generated based from outbound e-mails utilizes the MIME from field. We have seen a large increase in messages that have forged MIME From fields and mismatching SMTP From fields. We have manually switched all the entries in our regular Whitelist database to Sender SMTP, but would like to do the same for the Auto-Whitelist in order to better protect against spoofed messages purporting to be from customers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  SMTP  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have Inbound and Outbound check box for Decompression engine

Have Inbound and Outbound check box for Decompression engine so we can quarantine incoming emails that are password protected zip files but allow them to be sent without them getting quarantined.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Quarantine

Can we please have the Quarantine columns "sizeable"?

Since the sender, recipient, subject fields might be very long (we're dealing with spams here), could we please either autofit or truncate the field?

When mouse-over the field, then display the entire field.

These will make the GUI much friendlier and useable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. View full email headers from Quarantine

Please give us the ability to view full email headers from the Quarantine

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MailEssentials Spamtag

Remove [SPAM] from subject once a user has clicked on "Not Spam".

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. whitelist for EmailSecurity and Content Filtering

Please add a Whitelist function for EmailSecurity and Content Filtering.
    At the moment we use the workaround to disable the blocking rule but that cut not be the solution.

Thanks in advanced
    Regards
    Manfred

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AVs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MailEssentials - Decompression engine for password protected documents.

We want to be able to allow certain senders to send password protected documents without the email being held in quarantine.

We are finding that we are often releasing emails that have been placed in the quarantine area that are from sources we know to be safe.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add ability to release from greylist hold

I often times can locate emails that are being delayed by the greylisting that I need to immediately release for users. There should be a link to "approve" or release that email from being held by the greylist like there is for quarantined messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Administrator email

I need by the email notification 2 separate fields
    To and From
    I like to send mails to an address other than that from which it comes.
    Example: From XYZ@customer.com to support@mycompany.com

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. searching quarantine of other users

allow user to search dedicated quaratine folder of another user, configurable in ME dashboard.
    User A should be able to seach quarantine of user B, but not quarantine of user C or user D.
    If you have a mailbox that forward its mails to a distribution group, no member of the distribution group is able to search spam folder of that mailbox except an admin user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. GFI Mailessentials Dashboard Log

Going through the dashboard log, I wish you added some more information. '1' you have 'sender' but that necessarily isn't the 'from' field'. Please add the 'from' field or add an option where you can choose the fields you want. '2', please add an option to show 10,20,30,50,100 instead of having 140 pages to go through. '3'. Please add better filters. I would like to filter by scan result details, such as 'the blocked' reason... not sure all 'blocked'. so if I want to see all messages blocked by spamrazer, or spoofed email, or directory harvesting, I can filter out…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it so the E-mail Blocklist runs before Security Filters

I have specific domains added to the E-mail Blocklist that keep sending us viruses. But the E-mail Blocklist appears to run after the Trojan & Executable scanner and the Attachment Filtering scanner which puts the e-mails in the quarantine instead of being deleted.

It would be nice if you allowed us to choose the filter order for all the available scanning engines instead of just the spam filters.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add more info to Dashboard LOG

In the Dashboard Log, you should add as much info as possible to the 'info/details' section. We are getting hit by some spammer that is routing through our server somehow. Either he is authenticating on a compromised user account or a machine is infected. In the dashboard log, it would be nice to be able to see what 'IP' it is coming from, either internal (affected machine) or external IP (some machine routing through us), this way I can block it appropriately. Currently it is a witchhunt trying to figure out where these messages are coming from.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move the Approve and Delete buttons away from each other

It is very easy to hit the wrong button when deleting or approving mail. I have released mail accidentally. It would be handy to have the select all option at the bottom of the list as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Anti-Spam quarantine + notify action

There is no way with Anti-Spam filters to quarantine an item AND notify the administrator and/or local-user.

Anti-Virus allows actions of quarantining items AND notifying the administrator and/or local-user.

Anti-Spam allows only actions of quarantining items without notification, or delivering items with notification.

It would be useful to be able to notify the admin and/or user if a message has been quarantined by an Anti-Spam filter (particularly some of the more imprecise Anti-Spam filters e.g. Keyword filtering) as there is a chance of false detections (commonly when changing the filter specs) and waiting for a Spam Digest report may not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change subject and SecurityReport.html text for sanitized e-mail

You allow administrators to change the texts (in the templates) when users receive an email from an GFI product.

Unfortunately when a user receives a sanitized e-mail the subject is:
    "GFI MailEssentials sanitized email"

and in the SecurityReport.html you state: "Parts of this item were removed by GFI MailEssentials because they breached the security policy of the sending email server."

In my opinion this should also be changeable.

It doesn't make sense to allow administrators changes to all emails the product sends, but not allowing to change the template for sanitized e-mail.

My case number was: GFI-151209-380761

We'd like to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. IP DNS Blocklist Should display the IP address it blocked for a domain

It would be nice to see the IP address the server uses to block. Some domains use 3rd party email server and the IP address of the domain is not relevant.

Q.Com IP address is 155.70.28.140 but if you look at their SPF record it equals "v=spf1 include:spf-a.hotmail.com include:spf-b.hotmail.com include:spf-c.hotmail.com include:spf-d.hotmail.com include:centurylink.net mx ip4:205.169.121.111 ip4:205.169.121.112 ~all" all of which can send from that domain.

When you are in the Dash Board Logs you should be able check the details of the scan result should say "Scan Result Blocked [IP DNS] : IP 205.169.121.111 appears in bl.spamcop.net".

This information should not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GFI MailEssentials

Feedback and Knowledge Base