GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Anti phishing filter

Webmonitor has anti-phishing database. Why won't you combind this database into ME and let ME can scan the url in email body to filter them....

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DNS-name in stead of IP (perimeter)

Some domains have backup MX-records at their ISP/IT-partner. In those cases, the SMTP-perimeter server setting is in place, but I've seen that some of the ISPs work with variable IP-ranges, ergo ME is not set correctly all the time (it does not support MX-records, but IP-addresses, and those pointers can vary in practice).
    For example:
    10 mail.domain.com, which is 1 IP
    20 backup.isp.com, which might resolve now in 2 IP's, but tomorrow in 3, or 2 different IP's.
    Not too common, but I know KPN is changing IP's really often.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Surpress disclaimers being added to specific external domains

Add a facility in disclaimers to surpress a disclaimer being added to specific recipient domains. We have various offices around the world on different TLD's and have no need to attach our lengthy disclaimers. We cannot treat them as internal mail so a disclaimer gets attached.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Do not scan emails for resource mailboxes

There are situations where the administrator does not want to scan emails for Resource mailboxes. Such mailboxes should also be excluded from licensing.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow adding for isatap adresses in the SPF whitelist

only ipv6 and ipv4 addresses can be added now, causing issues when using isatap adresses as 2002:d99f:94d2:8000:0:5efe:10.0.0.22

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cool Feature

There should be a way to send auto emails to selected people in the blacklist that their email has been blocked.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add attachment icon to Headers in Reports

Unless I am mistake, we used to see an icon to denote that an email had an attachment in the User Communications Report. The icon was the typical image of the paperclip.

If this never existed before, please could you implement this as its useful to know if emails have left our company with attached files.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outbound mail filtering to prohibit mail to f.e. yahoo.com

It would be nice if Mail Essentials could filter outbound mails. F.e. to prohibit mails to gmail or yahoo.com

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GFI MailEssentials Mail Monitoring disable out of office

How I wish, GFI engineers will find ways to disable or totally block the out of office reply, read reciept notification, etc from the mail admin mailbox side. Let me further elaborate myself on this idea.

E.g. Mail admin mailbox sets an out of office reply, now Users that sends email to the ones included to the mail monitoring will receive the out of office reply from the mail admin, in this case mail monitoring has been comprises easily. Users mostly thinks that they did not sends email to the mail admin how come they receive an out of office…

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. bypass Driectory harvesting whitelist

i want to bypass Mails adressed to Listserver inside, but Directory harvesting is not knowing and blocked. Please enable a manually List of target adresses they bypass Directory harvesting.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Error e-mail function

I'd like to see a function in MailEssentials/MailSecurity to send e-mails to a predefined address in case of errors/failure of a module. Right now, the only way we have of knowing something is wrong is when no incoming e-mails arrive for a period of time.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Extend the Dashboard log file size

ATM when viewing the GFI mail essentials log file, for us it only goes back about 12 hours.
    It's my understanding, the log file for the Dashboard isn't based on time, but log file size.
    Once this size is reached, the log is reset.
    After speaking to GFI support I'm told that this log file size limit cannot be increased.
    I would like to see an option to increase/decrease the Dashboard logfile size to allow the Dashboard to display a longer period back in time.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disclaimer

Improve the Disclaimer functionality so that the disclaimer is applied only once on the initial email sent and not everytime that same email is replied / forwarded etc.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Spam filter needs a lot of work. Some thoughts.

I used to use a much smaller company called Spam Hero. There filtering was MUCH more effective. Too many non-spam messages get caught up and too many obvious spam messages show up in the quarantine when they should be blocked outright.

I am constantly having to add domains to the master white list.
    Speaking of which, it would be nice if there was a way to add a sender to the master white list from the alert rather than just the individual's white list. A an add to blacklist option wouldn't be bad either.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Granular Whitelisting Options

Sometimes when a spam messages arrives, if one of the receipients is whitelisted (via SMTP TO / MIME TO), every receipient in the TO field gets the spam message!

GFI support has confirmed that this is by design. Please change this design in the next release!

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. IP DNS Blocklist- provide options to the way the filter operates

From what I understand, if a domain configured in the IP DNS Blocklist goes offline or is misspelled by accident, by design, all emails are treated as false-negatives.

It would be nice to have the option to adjust the way the filter operates, that is, to tell MailEssentials to treat email as either false-negatives or false-positives. To treat email as simply false-negatives provides too much risk for our company as legitimate emails could be overlooked in the spam folders and unintentionally deleted.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't replace product.config durng an update

during every update the product.config gets overwritten with the default causing any change to dissapear, using discaimers this causes external meetingreuests to get converted and useless unless you manualy change the add key="DisableOLMeetingDisclaimer" value="0" parameter back to 1
    It would be nice to retain the file, avoiding unhappy users.

thnx

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please return the SPAM digest report back in 2012

The scheduled SPAM digest email needs to be added back to the new version.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MailEssentials User Report - legitimate users only

Currently when I pull a user report it's 19 pages and includes users that don't even exist in my domain. I'm guessing it's because I have directory harvesting set at 2 in case someone fat fingers one email address. I'll have to create custom reports to get just the info I need, but it appears that there's a limit to the address filtering so I'll have to create multiple reports to get all 22 people.

It would be nice if the user report had a way to check who the legitimate users were and only include those.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Outbound scanning

I believe I mentioned this before, but now it is getting more important. Mailessentials NEEDS to implement 'some' form of outbound filtering/scanning/monitoring/something. My server is 'not' an open relay but someone has gained access to an authenticated user apparently, and is sending out mass emails. The message is 'scan result' OK, but it clearly is 'not'. Maybe not full scanning but some sort of 'alert' or warning to notify admin that there is some unusually 'high' activity, etc... attached screenshot of sample spam.

0 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI MailEssentials

Feedback and Knowledge Base