GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. whitelist exclusion

An email sent to multiple recipients will be whitelisted for all if at least one of the recipients is present in global whitelist.
    At present, is not possible to exclude a specific mail address from any kind of filtering.

We have an email address that is forwarded to an external service (ZenDesk) that provides its own antispam service so this address has a recipient whitelist rules that allow us to forward all traffic sent to this email address to be forwarded. We frequently receive spam email sent to multiple recipients which includes also this email address so all other recipients…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. E-mail addresses instead of public folders

Can we have e-mail addresses/mailboxes that users can forward spam, genuine, etc. e-mails to instead of drag/dropping to public folders, which Exchange and Outlook are progressively depreciating. Public Folders in Outlook 2010 are a nightmare, and it means users don't find it easy to report spam e-mails that are getting through the filters.
    e.g. forward either .eml messages or have the processing engine recognise forwarded messages when sent to thisisspam@domain.com or thisisgenuine@domain.com

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Listserver interface

It would be nice to be able to make/influence the list of members on a mailinglist outside MailEssentials. Now you need Access to open the MDB-file, but a webinterface or importtool would make this job easier.
    The list could easily be altered by the following syntaxis, uploadable via webinterface (for example)
    user1@domain.com, 0, %listname% (unsubscribe user 1, if in list X)
    user2@domain.com, 1, %listname% (subscribe user 2, if in list X)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spamdigest without Greylist entries

sometimes i get a ME spamdigest with 300 greylist entries and 1 spam. so i must scroll for this one.

for what i need to know about this greylist entries? i think no one need it really.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MailEssentials Spam Quarantine Digest Report Email "From" address

It would be nice to have the ability to set a different "from" email address that the Spam Quarantine Digest Report Emails are sent from, rather than just the administrator email in GFI ME. It is nice to have the administrator email send us alerts about bayesian or anti-phishing alerts or failures, but not for the users to be able to reply to it from the digest report. I know there are ways in Exchange to limit who can send to that address, etc, but just thought it would be a nice feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MailEssentials anti-spam should be score based

The Anti-spam in MailEssentials should be score based, so that it takes into consideration the results of all the anti-spam plugins when deciding what action should be taken

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop mail flow on upgrade

Provide the option to stop mail flow when performing an upgrade to MailEssentials. During the upgrade, MailEssentials is un-installed, therefore spam emails will go through unscanned until the product is upgraded.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Customized WebGUI / Language / quarantined message

I have thought that our customers would like to have the WebGUI in their native language. And it would be nice to add company name and logo to the webgui. And also have the possibility to change the message that is sent to users when an e-mail is quarantined.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Spam Quarantine Review on IPAD

As we go increasingly mobile, several of our users are now traveling with only an ipad. However, when trying to review quarantined email through the web browser, we have found no browser on the ipad that has scroll bars allowing the user to scroll right or down. Either modifying the web page so that it is ipad friendly or creating a specific ipad app to review quarantined email would be helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filtering Reason in xHeaders

Each filter when it flags an email should add an XHeader. No just GFISPAM but like the SPF filter tell us the reason. Whitelist? GFIWhitelist: test@thatdomain.com . This would allow us to know exactly what filter flagged an email and why. Blocklist? GFISPAM - Blocklist: Dontwant@test.com. IP DNS Blocklist? GFISPAM - IP DNS Blocklist: spamcop

If a message was processed ok, GFIHAM, optionally, allow all filters that passed an email to be listed in some way. Even if you just list the filter priority number it would make it easier to see if something was turned off by accident.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Personal whitelist/blacklist managed by IT

Real world scenario with a global company with diverse user base, an end user wants to add a blocked sender to his personal blacklist. Its a newsletter he receives as part of a Distribution list in Exchange, but to him its spam. He can't unsubscribe without impacting the entire group of recipients, so he just wants to personally block the address. In Vipre for Exchange he could just copy a copy of the message to a mailbox sub-folder, but in Mail Essentials it seems a web interface is the only option. This is very difficult for our user base because…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sort by Functionality in SPAM Quarantine

A lot of SPAM email are sent by the same address or have the same subject. It would save a lot of time if we could sort by different filed in SPAM quarantine the same as we do in the Malware and Content page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto-Whitelist

Option to force the auto-whitelist from processing Out Of Office replies so that spammy addresses do not appear in the whitelist.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quarantine Sort

We need to have a sort function in the quarantine view for Mailessentials.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Greylist Exemption for wildcard subdomains

I am able to exempt:
    *@gfi.com
    *@spam.gfi.com

I cannot exempt, but want to:
    *@*.gfi.com

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. quarantine action Audit log - for SPAM Quarantine

quarantine action Audit log - for SPAM Quarantine
    All Actions (release, delete, ond so on) on Malware Quarantine will be logged in an Textfile for Review.
    it would be very usefull to add this function to te SPAM Quarantine as well.
    we have actual the Problem that nobody can find out who worked on a missed false positve in SPAM Quarantine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Anti Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. EMZ Files blocked as "Malformed File Extension (High alert)"

Emz dateien werden geblocked als "Malformed File Extension (High alert)". diese sind aber nach meinen recherchen gepackte emf dateien, also windows grafik dateien die meines erachtens als ungefährlich zu betrachten sind.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Detection rates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TLS 1.1 TLS1.2 Support

Hello, in the last time ME version 21.2 in the POP2Exchange Connector only TLS1.0 is supported. Since TSL1.0 will be switched off at various providers as of 01.07.2018, there is the problem that emails can no longer be retrieved via POP2Exchange.
    https://maxcluster.de/blog/2018/04/19/tls-1-0-gefaehrdet-pci-dss-compliance/
    Currently I am solving this via the tool "Stunnel". In a Howto from the house GFI is explained how to configure this. TLS1.1. and TLS1.2 must be integrated into GFI ME as soon as possible and should be included as soon as possible in the next update. Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search Button for 'Keywords'.

There needs to be a button to search for Keywords in Content filtering.

Right now you have to scroll through pages and pages of 'Keywords' to remove or find a keyword.

Keywords are a very effective way of blocking spam and my list is now up to 353 pages, and scrolling through them to 'check' or 'remove' a keyword is a pain in the ass. Especially if you 'accidently' add one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Anti Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Whitelisting for email exploit engine

The email exploit engine (especially "Malformed file extension") should have a whitelist for certain file extensions.
    On our server it is blocking some legitimate files.
    See also support ticket GFI-180216-627688

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GFI MailEssentials

Feedback and Knowledge Base