GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mail Auto Replies

It is going to be very good to be able to have groups of emails in Auto Replies , we need to insert our email list once ordered in groups ( a group can make me able to send certain message to certain emails ) , also we need to be able to activate group and not have ONLY one check box to activate message for all , thanks .

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Generic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Released attachments whitelisted by checksum

We get attachments that are get quarantined but are legitimate. Once released, they will be forwarded on and get quarantined again requiring them to be released again.
    Can the attachment once released from quarantine be added to a list, for a period of time, so that it can be delivered without being quarantined again if the file checksum is the same.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AVs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email Exploit Engine

Currently we have an issue whereby an number of legitimate emails are being blocked by the Email Exploit Engine. Can this be updated to include some sort of white listing either by domain or email address?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I would suggest to open a ticket with GFI Support.

Emails that are blocked by the Email Exploit Engine typically are malformed or have something malicious, unless there is an issue and such emails are being triggered incorrectly.

Samples would help to facilitate resolution.

4. Resolve MailEssentials design failure regarding free RAM percentage for SpamTag instead of ADSI

as it`s in the nature of any MS Database, including MS Exchange, the DB grabs as much RAM as available, needed or not. Out-of-the-box there is in opposite to MS SQL Server also no Exchange Feature to limit the RAM usage.
    Only ADSI could be used to set some Exchange limits, but as this could cause other problems with Exchange Update Rollups, migrations, or the general Exchange performance, this would be a last resort for a skilled Exchange and AD admin.
    To solve the problem with the SpamTag URL check while installing, if there isn`t more then 10% free RAM…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exchange  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Repair option for ME Installer

Currently, the only way to fix a faulty ME installation is a complete un-install, and then complete a re-install, which is risky (particularly on an Exchange install) and exposes the mail-flow during the process.

The majority of large Windows-App installers have long had a 'repair' option, which allows for checking and fixing of problems such as missing or corrupted files, incorrect or corrupt configurations, known issues, etc.

ME installer needs a 'repair' option, to allow attempting of fixes for common problems before resorting to such drastic measures as uninstall and reinstall.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Logon and operation logging

We need a detailed logging of which users have logged on to GFI ME and what operations these users have done. Here I am concerned mainly with the processing of the quarantine. It should be documented, which mail would be deleted, confirmed or scanned again by the logged on user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Turn of Greylist for certain users.

I have several users who do not like the greylist feature and would like to turn it off. It delays their emails too long. However, most users love the feature and want to keep it on. I would like to have the ability to turn this filter on/off for each user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Anti Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to increase debug log files

It will be nice to have an ability to increase all debug log files from default 5mb to bigger size. it will help troubleshooting easier on high volume servers when files wont overwritten so fast.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

i there,

This is possible to increase via registry key. Please contact support for this.

Thank you for your interest in our products

With kind regards,
    GFI Software

9. Allow login via UPN

Allow users to login to quarantine interface via their upn (usually email) along their samaccount.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ASE Log files in C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailEssentials\Antispam\DebugLogs

Please can we have the option to set how big these log file can grow. At the moment on our Mail Essential system we only have about 3 hours of information as our system is very busy. extlogsize registry setting doesn't allow have any affect on ASE log files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Why would you want to increase the debuglog size? Please note that having debuglog enabled does impact the performance heavily.

it also depends on what speed the disks are.

GFI Support have the ability to increase such log size.

11. Scan doc/office files as containers - Remove unwanted attachments from office documents, not only malware

In Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server you had an additional option called "Scan doc filers as containers"
    This made sure that unwanted content in office documents was filtered out. Not only malicious content was removed, but also everything what you added in the file filters was blocked by it.

For example:
    A sender sends a .exe file to us we can block that file either in Microsoft Exchange or in GFI MailEssentials using Attachment Filtering.

But what we are missing is:
    If a sender drags an .exe (or any file decaled in file filtering) file into an Microsoft…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. exclude domain from live logs

it would be nice to see a feature in Mail Essentials that would allow us to not show/filter all internal email in the live logs window and only show emails in and out that are external to the company.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sorting user reports

Currently when I run user reports it displays the information in, what appears to be, a completely random order. I find it weird that I can't choose to sort by user, at least. I'd like to be able to pick what column I want to sort by to make the report a little more user friendly. I feel like being able to sort by user or any of the total columns would make sense. It would make analyzing it go much faster. For now I just open it in excel to do it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In the Mail essentials GUI

In the MailEssentials GUI it would be nice to add a " Next page" button at the top of the page when reviewing and deleting items from quarantine and etc. Currently when you remove the items the page refreshes at the top of the page and you have to scroll to the bottom to go to the next page to advance to the next. Also, when I delete the items in the container I do not think it is necessary to see what was deleted unless it can be undeleted. So, why not even advance to next set of items…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. GFI Dashobard as a log

I wish to have the whole dashboard enries in one log per day, so I can look into it even if the dashboard is not started and also for the days before

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Domain Key signing of outgoing mail

This would help deliverability of email to other servers (ie. prevents our outgoing email getting spam trapped).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ME 2010 - Change senders email adress for Quarantine-Reports

Now it's not possible to change the adresse. ME 2010 sends the reports with the same adress as it uses to send the weekly reports to. im my case the users think, that they get the quarantine-report from me. so they call me to ask what to do...

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add additional reporting mechanisms to allow review of approved emails

Req: Add additional reporting mechanisms to allow review of approved emails.

As an administrator I would find it extreemly useful to be able to run a report daily, weekly, whatever that provides me with a list of all of the approved messages that users approve from their daily spam reports. This report would ideally include the user whom approved the email, the email itself (subject and link to text/body), the component it was trapped by, and if its something like a specific keyword or IP address, etc that the information is noted accordingly so that as an Administrator I can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove old items from Blocklist / Whitelist

MailEssentials should remove Blocklist / Whitelist entries that have not been used for a long time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Filtering based on complex rules

Allow the adminstrator to configure MailEssentials to block an email when multiple checks return positive - e.g. If Keyword Checking and SPF return POSITIVE then DELETE message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

GFI MailEssentials

Feedback and Knowledge Base