GFI MailEssentials

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Monitor MailEssentials via WMI, SNMP or Performance counters

Allow the admin to monitor the performance of MailEssentials via WMI, SNMP or Windows Performance Counters

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quarantine Managment sort order

MailEssentials 2010, build: 20110131
    When domain users view the quarantined email in the Quarantine Management webpage, the oldest is displayed first. When a user with admin privileges views the Quarantine Management webpage, it correctly displays the newest emails first. I have to think this is a bug, but I was told to submit it as a "feature enhancement request" as no resolution was given for this problem. Once a user has more than a week of email in the quarantine, then they will complain and the task of approving or reviewing quarantined emails will go to the admin. If there…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Prevent email loop when using the auto reply feature

Add some kind of loop detection in the auto reply function in mail essentials. If you enable it now and your recipient has a similar function, you end up with hundreds of reply messages back and forward. there should be a function like: only send 5 replies to the same recipient in 1 hour.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Blocking file attachments with foriegn characters

I would like to block messages which have chinese fonts in the file attachments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Manual Whitelist of Email Domains

I suggest GFI to have a look at including the feature of manual whitelisting of email domains.The public folder feature allows to whitelist the email sender by dragging the mail to the public folder.
    To whitelist a email domain for eg "abc@xyz.com",we need to loginto the GFI ME server and add the "*@xyz.com" in thw whitelist filter database,this process needs logging into the GFI ME server,in many situations for security reasons i would not like to give access to the servers.If any such feature could be incorporated in the GFI ME to remotely add the email domain to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. LDAP filters for directory harvesting

When setting up the LDAP connection for directory harvesting in Mail Essentials, it would be nice to be able to filter certain OUs. We have OUs dedicated to service accounts and ex-employees that should never get email, and therefore should be excluded from the LDAP query.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Greylist tagging

Instead of just dropping greylist positives, allow all the same actions as other filters (quarantine/prepend subject/etc).

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Quarantine management

I suggest you... Improve the display of quarantined mails to allow sorting and/or grouping by mail address, domain, subject. Also to remember popular searches.
    Further, after "whitelist and approve" don't return to the top of the list.
    Further, when selecting multiple mails, allow a preview of each, and a whitelist option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Directory Harvesting prevents NDRs

I suggest you...Give an option on whether a single mis-typed address prevents an NDR. The help screen correctly states:

In the Block if non-existent recipients equal or exceed option specify the number of non-existent recipients that will qualify the email as spam. Emails will be blocked by Directory Harvesting if ALL THE RECIPIENTS of an email are invalid, or if the number of invalid recipients in an email exceeds the limit specified.

The effect of enabling directory harvesting is that even if you set the threshold to 2 or more, an e-mail incorrectly addressed to a single person at your…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Manually generate spam or quarantine digests

It would be nice if there was a way to manually generate spam or quarantine digests for particular users or groups, instead of waiting for the scheduled report to get emailed out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. IP DNS Blocklist - Only use the blocklist on port 25

Currently MailEssentials uses the IP DNS Blocklist for all incoming mail, even authenticated senders such as local Exchange users that connect to Exchange using SMTP over port 587 (which requires authentication). This means that internal email from employees on 3G or dynamic home IPs are being marked as spam because of the IP DNS Blocklist.

According to the Spamhaus FAQ, mail servers should only run spam filters such as Spamhaus PBL on port 25.

Link to FAQ:
    http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/Spamhaus%20PBL#253

There should be an option to only scan emails on ports 25. I believe this is a standard that GFI MailEssentials is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tag and Append block reason availble with Quarantine action

Make available the "Tag the email with specific text" and "Append block reason to email subject" options when Quarantine action is selected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sort email recipients in quarantine

I would like to sort recipients by name when i am looking at the Quarantine emails. I have cost to 800 emails when i go though them each morning. it would be nice to sort them by name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AV Engines should have higher priority than Trojan & Execuatable

I'm getting bombarded with quarantine request from my 18 servers with exe and zip's getting caught by the Trojan and Executable module, and also the Exploit list as sometimes they have double extensions. If I disable these modules THEN the AV engines do their job and delete the infected email.

Regards,
    Steven

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MailEssentials 2012 Quarantine Digest Report Approve Link

With regards the changes to the MailEssentials 2012 Quarantine Digest Report, the new report features an 'Approve' link next to each email to have the emails released from quarantine. All users receiving the report have this option and, therefore, any user may potentially approve any email whether it's spam or not.

What I would like to see in a future update is to have the option to control which users may automatically approve an email while selecting other users who, on clicking the 'Approve' link, an approval request is sent to the administrator account or some other email account to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. User Actionable Quarantine report

Have upgraded to to MailEssentials 2012 this week and have been playing with some of the new stuff, in testing and working with the Quarantine feature I see the user gets an email notification but does not give the ability for the user to interact with it.

Am I missing something or would this be a feature request?

Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notification email function for quarantined spam emails

Currently notification email function is only available for Malware and Content Filtering's quarantined email. Can we have the same notification function for quarantined spam emails?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unable to add emails in the local domain to the whitelist

I just updated to build 20121218 to fix an error that converts my production GFI mode into an 'expired' eval. Anyway, after the update, i realized that i can no longer able to add any new email addresses into the whitelist with the domain name that is listed in the local domain. We use our GFI server as a relay server for all of our printers/copiers so we need this feature to be enabled. There is a work around but it is a big hazzle for us to remove the local domain, add the whitelist address, then re-add the local…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Leave a copy of mail on pop server

I am using godaddy for emails. On my GFI server I have created the POP2connector. Whenever GFI pull the emails the mails are getting deleted from the POP server.

I need the option - Leave a copy on server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Default Filter for dashboard

As per this post on the GFI forum it would be good to be able to filter out particular items from the log viewer on the dashboard by default (particularly the Healthmailbox Messages in Exchange 2013.

http://forums.gfi.com/m900815114.aspx

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI MailEssentials

Feedback and Knowledge Base