GFI EventsManager

How can we improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Multiple Email Servers

I would like the option to add an external mail server in addition to the internal mail server, G-Mail or otherwise. It's a little hard to get an alert about your mail server when it's sent from the mail server that is having an issue.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Smarter Monitoring Checks

I only use Monitoring Checks (ICMP ping and Disk space). ICMP ping isn't smart enough to alert when a node comes back on line. Disk space generates unnecessary 'RPC server is unavailable' alerts because it doesn't know that a node went down. The older GFI NSM 7.0 sends alerts after a node comes back on line. It also knows not to process additional checks until that node is back on line. Please reinstate those functionalities in EventsManager!

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Reportd in PDF or XLS

I would like to generate reports directly in PDF or XLS format

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to see a report status, which lists/identifies reports that are currently scheduled (active)

I would like to see a report status, which lists/identifies reports that are currently scheduled (active)

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When using alternate credentials, disable use of GFI credentials

When trying to connect to servers outside of the domain, GFI credentials are used to log in even when alternate credentials are provided. This creates a lot of failed log in noise which must in turn be filtered out, requiring more processing.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. date range on auto genterated reports

Events Manager - Auto Generated Reports. Currently, Auto generated reports are not displaying the date range. The date range shows N/A. It would be nice is the date range printed on the report. For example, if a report is run for the previous month the date range would show March 1st 12:01 AM to March 31st 11:59 PM (or date and time that the report is scheduled to be run through).

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Organize the database rotation at folder level

When database rotation is enabled, ESM creates the new databases with a multitude of files in the same folder, creating a chaos at folder level.

I would like to suggest that ESM creates a new folder when the db gets rotated, so it would be less of an administrative task when it comes to move specific database, or manually delete entire database.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can we have threat correlation analytics soon?

Can we have threat correlation analytics soon? Would be good to have graphical for a better show and tell. ie) device name, IP address and reason for this alerts

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Network messages alerts with Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7

Makes the fonctionnality Network messages alert (which inform recipients that a particular event has occurred for) compatible with Windows Server 2008 and Windows Seven.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Real-Time Status display

I am a long-time user of ServerMonitor. I am now being forced to convert to EventsManager with Active Monitoring only licenses. I would like to have a display of the current status of my servers. Currently, if I look at "Monitoring Statistice", if have a single failed check followed by successful checks, the row is still red. Also, I cannot remove the unused sections that don't apply to Active Monitoring, wasting a LOT of real estate on the screen!

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support regular expressions in rules and views for text logs

Please include support for regular expressions to be used in text log rules and views. There are ways to identify threats to web applications but most require use of regular expressions. The following source defines RE's for the top 10 threats:
    http://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/logging/detecting-attacks-web-applications-log-files-2074

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Reading Events Archived by Windows

Being able to access event log archives that may have been created prior to EventsManager and pull these events into the system would be fantastic. Would help get everything under one roof in a way.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add variable %rule description%

I would like to use the rule description in my alerting options, but it's not available. Although there is %rule name%, %check name% and %check description% it's not possible to get the information of the rule description. Please add this to the fields of an event.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More then one Email template

It's only possible to format one email message under "Alerting Options". I would be nice if I could add new templates. This way the alert mails could provide more information to a special alert and could be formatted in a way that only needed information are displayed. This on template must be formatted very universally.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PCI 10.2.2_All Actions Taken by...

GFI Event Manager Report: PCI 10.2.2_All Actions Taken by Any Individual with Root or Administrative Privileges

The report header has a description that reads "The report shows the activity performed by users who have administrative privileges. The product uses advanced techniques to determine the following, for each event log entry: what is the user account that caused the event log entry, does the account have administrative privileges and if not, did the account have administrative privileges at the time the log entry was created.".

I don't see a column for the 'what is the user account that caused the event…

0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Database creation for historical data

At the moment of writing databases are created when needed, but it ccould have data in it with a creation date that is not logical to store next to eachother (time-wise). I like the database switch mechanism in Mailarchiver. Isn't it possible to do this also for ESM? So when I add a source, it will start taking the data from that machine and then store it in the databases related to either month, bimonthly, quarterly, half-yearly, annual.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow more than one schema to be used in text log collection

At present EventsManager only allows you to use one schema per server for collection and processing of text logs. If you have more than one text log type on a single server that requires different schemas for processing them, you cannot specify a second schema to process the different text log types.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ssl email in events manager

I just got finished with a chat session with support. I was amazed to learn that events manager does not support ssl email. Most all businesses that I know have already switched to this or working on it. I feel like this should be a top priority to be able to fully utilize this product.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When sorting events by date, time should also be sorted

When sorting events, in the events browser by date, the column "time" will not be sorted and they appear mixed up, under the same day.

It should be better if when you sorted it by date, that also the time column would get sorted in the same fashion.

0 votes
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding Comments in

For every server, be able to add comments not necessarily connect to an event (like Microsoft dynamics CRM).

Currently we can add comments according to events but not directly in the Comment field.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

GFI EventsManager

Feedback and Knowledge Base