Kerio Connect

Welcome to our Kerio Connect feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

How can we improve Kerio Connect?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow user to determine which access to allow to other users.

allow user to determine which access to allow to other users.
    ie : some users can view events content, others can only view if a user is available or not, for a whole calendar and not only events.
    opposite to private events : a setting for the whole calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Phishing/scam email filter - allow admin filter to block fake sender names (match sender name and email to local directory name)

Let's say the boss is John Doe with email johndoe@GFI.com.

A scammer sends an email from John Doe with email johndoe@GMAIL.com to the CFO, asking him to wire transfer $10,0000.

The CFO does the wire transfer, because the scammer made the sender name be his boss' name, John Doe, which is all the CFO sees (unless he hovers his mouse over the sender name, or looks at the mail headers).

Solution is a two-part rule, which the user account filter allows but the admin custom rules does not:

IF:
    sender name is John Doe
    and
    sender email is NOT …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Configure maximum connections per IP from the web admin interface.

The max HTTPS connections per IP limit (newly imposed in 9.2.6) is set to 100 by default. For domains where many users are connecting from the same network behind NAT, this causes various issues with web and Exchange clients, making Kerio Connect unusable. To increase this limit, the value MaxConnectionsIP needs to be increased from the default 100 in mailserver.cfg. It would be for more convenient to have the ability to configure/disable this limit from within the admin interface.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Attachments filter with a custom warning to sender

It should be possible to define a custom warning that would be send form the attachment filter when an not allowed attachment is detected.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple Internet connections

Ability to have multiple internet connections and route networks accordingly. I don't want to use failover or load balancing as its not whats required.

Say I have 3 internet connections:
    I want to send high priority network over the fast connection
    Regular traffic over the standard connection
    unimportant traffic can go over the slow laggy connection.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Message filter - more options

Now i can create a rule "contains attachment". I suggest a rule "Contains NO attachment" even better if i can specify what kind of attachment.
    Background:
    invoice@domaim.* is solely to receive pdf invoices, no other messages. my above which can enforce the needs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mailing List scope

It would be good if you could have a tick box for "Permit Kerio account member to send to this list"

What I mean by this is, if we have a Mailing list for Admin staff that workshop staff want to send to, they can't without moderator approval currently. Having this option would allow any member with an account on that server to send to this list... Effectively an in-house list. No one would need to moderate the list.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. SMTP service (port 25) wouldn't start because it was already in use with Exim4??

Just installed the Kerio Connect appliance. The SMTP service (port 25) wouldn't start because it was already in use with Exim4?? Room for improvement?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Visibility of Folder Items Count with Soft and Hard Caps

I would love to have a way of knowing if anyone is in violation of having more than X items in a folder. I’d like the ability to set a soft and hard cap with warnings to me and the user via email. Also some kind of warning in the admin console of the violation.

It would be great to have visibility of users' folder items count in the admin console. However, I don't want to navigate through everyone's folder looking for issues.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Delay startup on macOS 10.10 and later

With macOS 10.10 and later, with Server installed, the system starts Postfix Master and listens on the SMTP ports (25, 587 etc.) for several seconds, EVEN if the Mail service is disabled in the Server.app. Thus Kerio Connect reports that it cant start listening on those ports, effectively disabling those services.

It would be great if Kerio Connect could delay startup or check again after a few seconds if it could listen on the services/ports marked as Automatic.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Admin panel

Hello Kerio improvement team!

I would like to suggest an improvement .

At the moment we can setup automatic Items clean-out for user via Admin panel as per following article:
    https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/connect/content/server-configuration/accounts/maintaining-user-accounts-in-kerio-connect-1179.html

My suggestion is to implement functionality where this could be adjusted to a single sender or conversation.

For example: we should be able to setup a rule where messages or/and all conversation received from user@domain.com will be automatically permanently deleted without an option for recovery after set amount of time (30 days or so).

Let me know if you have any further questions.
    Regards
    Alex

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Daily statistics

Overall statistics - leave as it is.

Add:
    1. Daily overall statistics
    2. Daily per user statistics
    3. Export txt || csv || xml || ...
    4. Send daily statistics to preffered e-mail and export form (option)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Central management of Calendar enabling and restricitons

At the moment it's only possible to enable calendar for other users, when the user is explicit opening his calendar via folder enabling for other uses. This is complicated and prevents of a central management.

So there should be a central admin-management for this

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Integrate a compliant DMS system.

Integrate a compliant DMS system.
    Shortly tax authorities will require emails and anything to be archived according to their regulations.
    Why checking all our options we wrote down our which to stay with KERIO-coinnect. Anyhow we will need to fullfill requirements by the goverment.
    Is GFI aware of this? Are there any ideas around?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create Batch Email Addresses in User Setting

In The Admin Panel, When Edit User, In Email Addresses can create many email with number or anything like that
    Example i create CEO@AHMN48.com and i want add CEO1@AHMN48.com until CEO1000@AHMN48.com, in handy version take long time to create one by one, but if possible create by batch Ceo1 until CEO1000 by one click is perfect,
    Please Check Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ixahvs
    Please Vote Friends

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mailbox work schedule

We need to set up a mailbox schedule. We are going to work with bidding procedures, this function have to block sending and receiving emails depending on the time.
    For example: March 27, 9 : 00 - April 3, 18:00 - receiving and sending,
    after April 3, 18:00 blocking email

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Kerio Exchange Migration Tool requiring obsolete Outlook versions and limited functionality

Currently Kerio Exchange Migration Tool requires obsolete Outlook versions (2003 or 2007). Both are out of MS extended support.

This should be remedied ASAP, at least by supporting all current Outlook versions. How new companies could legally get Outlook 2003 or 2007 is beyond my imagination, not to mention how to install it on a new operating system with newer Outlook/Office version.

If you want to stay competitive and encourage sales for migration cases, you should build a robust, all-in-one migration tool for the most migration scenarios (Exchange to Kerio, Office 365 to Kerio, IMAP to Kerio). Migration problems mean…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. domain forwarding to have authentication facilities

Domain forwarding to have user authentication facilities. for clients that are sharing public domains with other user, that don't use Kerio Connect

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. tools for importing contacts and calendars (.ics and .vcf files)

Kerio should offer a full suite of simple tools to import from other systems. They are still standards as .ics and vcf files.
    When we offer Kerio to customers, we must also provide data migration on administrative level. Not only emails, but calendars and contacts too.
    For example KIMT is an excellent tool for e-mails migration.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Users to be added to Groups in adjacent Domains

Users should be able to be added to Groups located in adjacent Domains on the same Kerio Connect server, at the discretion of the Admin.

This would reduce the requirement for mailing lists, reduce duplicate emails for recipients that exist in multiple groups and allow easier management of users for Administrators.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Kerio Connect

Feedback and Knowledge Base