Kerio Connect

Welcome to our Kerio Connect feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

How can we improve Kerio Connect?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bottom posting for replies in webmail

In Webmail, you should be able to select whether your response and signature goes above or below the quoted message you're replying to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

This should be a per-user setting, in the mail composition setting pane.

Ideally the cursor would be placed between the quoted message and the signature.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. empty subject

set an option in the config, that emails without subject could not be sent.
    So you MUST enter a subject.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Offer a free version for private users! For instance limited to 3 email accounts.

I learn best when I use the same software at home like at work. Most other admins will probably do, too. But instead of buying a license for private use at home I better chose to set up some free software of a concurrent source.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support for expired AD passwords

When an AD user's password expires, Kerio treats it as a failed authentication. Instead, treat it as an expired password, and prompt the user to set a new one.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integration with Lyc/Skype for Business

Intergration with Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business
    We use Lync online (Office 365) and Kerio Connect Server inhouse.
    Lync have the functionality to store the Chat-History in the email-folder 'Conversation History'. But this is not working.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Incremental backups

Incremental backups are smaller than differencial and takes less time to perform

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow option to backup without compression

My backups currently take ~8-12 hours for a 100 GB store. I have traced this duration primarily to the time it takes to compress the backup files (my read/write and data transfer speeds are nowhere near maximum capacity).

I have plenty of storage space, so the compression into zip files is a waste of computational resources, and it extends the duration of backups unnecessarily. I would like the option to conduct backups with NO compression.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. kerio connect client - webmail Info about storage available

In this moment is possibile to see the storage filling only when it is near full...
    please give the information about storage available and storage filling always as visibile information.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Kerio Connect client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Kerio to be run as non-root or in a jail

Allow Kerio to be run as a user other than root, or, if that isn't feasible, in a chroot jail, to minimize the impact of vulnerabilties.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Greylisting service

There is no log for incoming mails delayed by the greylist service, and there is no way to set a rule to bypass the filter as we can do for the antispam service.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. clamav

Support of actual clamav version.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can you please bring notes back to sync with my outlook/iphone/ipad.

Notes used to sync with iPhone/iPad and outlook.
    after the new update, notes can only sync between outlook and of course KC webmail. its no longer syncing with iPads and iPhones. can you please bring this back.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Pavel Dobrý responded

In order to sync Noted with iOS mobile device the device has to be configured with IMAP and CalDAF account. Then you can select Notes in email account setting.

13. Export Archive of Mailbox

It would be useful to be able to create an exported archive of a mailbox.

Use case: employee no longer works for company, we want to delete his/her mailbox but not transfer it to another user. We want to just export and archive their mailbox, which can be referred to when/if necessary (importing back to another users mailbox perhaps?)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would love to have a plugin for firefox/chrome/ie/opera to remember my passwords and have them available whenever I log into kerio connect

I would love to have a plugin for firefox/chrome/ie/opera to remember my passwords and have them available whenever I log into kerio connect

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Login credentials for Kerio Connect client can be remembered by any browser. For managing passwords between browsers and clients there is a plenty of product or services (eg. 1password or lastpass).

15. Joining Connect with Workspace making a real collaboration environment, such as Google, Office 365 and others.

Make a competitive environment with large, several customers have been looking for this type of solution , we are losing to Office 365 and Google , the products are no longer just join

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for suggestion. Integration with some kind of document management software is something we actively discuss. Unfortunately, Workspace cannot be used for this.

16. Make it easier to purchase licenses by automating the process. Been trying for 36hrs to buy licence.

An option to purchase/renew licenses directly (using credit card or paypal) would be helpful and efficient.
    Supporting the channel of resellers is laudable. However, the continued opening up of the Internet suggests an opposite trend. Give us choice. Some of us only have time to manage servers after hours when local resellers are closed for business. Furthermore, not everyone needs a reseller.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add contact

OLD Webmail Feature Missing - Add Contact from Email Feature Regression

Add Contact from Webmail Client was possible in previous webmail client when you right clicked over the sender's address/name in the enail header. This functionality has been removed in the new Webmail Client completely causing our staff and customers we provide Kerio to manually add their new contacts in multiple steps.

This is a HUGE setback for Webmail Users.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sorting of incoming POP3 fetched mails via the same mechanics that sort mails incoming via SMTP.

So there would be no need to maintain additional sorting rules for each domain or account or deploy an external pop3 to smtp fetching tool.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. completed flag in webmail

Webmail doesn't support completed flag for message. It only shows red flag.

All the completed flags are synced (when KOFF used) as red flags. (see ticket ZOZ-210072 18.03.2009)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. View support tickets via support portal again

Restore the ability to view open tickets via som kind of support portal. Before the switch to no support, or rather requiring customers to pay extra for every support incident, I used to be able to check the status of my support tickets via the support web portal. http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewlist

Now, there is no way to know what is going on with support tickets. I just called the support number because I had heard nothing about an issue for 3 weeks, only to find that the ticket had been closed and Kerio had no record of my last response to the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid this feedback is not related to the product. I’ll forward it to technical support.

• Don't see your idea?

Kerio Connect

Feedback and Knowledge Base