Kerio Connect

Welcome to our Kerio Connect feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

How can we improve Kerio Connect?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. version 9.2.1 broke SSL communication

Fix this please. took me hours to figure out why clients would not connect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cost for additional mailboxes

I don't like the waste of paying the full whole year price for additional mailbox users part way through the year. Google manage to calculate a shrinking license cost up until the next renewal, so why can't you? Failing that. A "half year" rate or even just adding small fractions (like 3 months) onto a new full year license would be better - ie if you need extra mailboxes 9 months in to the year, you pay a 15 or 18 month rate and have them all renew in the next but one billing cycle

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. active sync

For mobile devices that are connected via the ActiveSync protocol is fixed by the security setting that after 4 or 8 failed attempts that device to unlock that machine resets automatically.
    In Kerio there is no way to change this setting.
    Unfortunately, it often happens that the device is then reset unintentionally and the data will be lost on the device. In this specific case a device with fingerprint sensor has been inadvertently reset. The fingerprint sensor is incorrectly identified in a tight pocket attempts to Entsperrungung.
    It should be the following settings in Kerio adds:
    The option to disable…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Pavel Dobrý responded

In default configuration Kerio Connect does not enforce these security policies. If you have them on your mobile device it must be caused by something else.

4. Whitelist For Domains Without Reverse DNS

Hi Support,

Although there is already an option to whitelist certain domains from attachment size and messages per hour etc, would it be possible to add an exception (drawn from IP address ranges) so that a lack of reverse DNS does not stop these IP addresses from connecting?

I'm thinking of mobile clients that need to send mail but the servers responsible don't have reverse DNS (T-Mobile for starters).

Thanks.

Regards,

Pete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Well, if the IP address has no reverse PTR then whitelisting based on domain makes no sense since there is no domain defined for those IP addresses,
    I recommend to configure mobile clients to use SMTP Submission port 587 for sending emails. This port is not included in PTR checking on Kerio Connect server.

5. We will not be able to sort messages by conversation, in webmail there is no such feature implemented, i suggest our developers to implement

We will not be able to sort messages by conversation, in web mail there is no such feature implemented, i suggest our developers to implement this in future if possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Kerio Connect client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a checkbox to enable/disable all pop3 download, under "Delivery"

Under "Delivery/POP3 Download", Please add a "master" checkbox to enable/disable all pop3 download,

I had a situation, that I have 50 pop3 download accounts, 30 are enabled and 20 are disabled.

Then, I had to stop pop3 download for an hour, so I had to disable all the enabled accounts, then to enable it again.

But, I couldn't remember what to enable.

Why not to have a "master" download checkbox. When it is off, no pop3 downloads, when it is on, only enabled acocunts will download.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you wan to stop all POP3 downloads, simply delete the scheduling rule for POP3 downloads. You don’t have to disable every single POP3 account.

7. Active Sync / Outlook 2013

Active Sync ist eine super Sache. Die Syncronisation von öffentlichen Ordnern, Kategorien und (Junkmail)-Regeln zwischen Kerio und Outlook wäre Toll.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Kerio Outlook Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Block Known Proxy Services

The ability to block known proxy services where the attack pattern is the same but the IP address changes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. extend access policies to disable WebMail

our clients use only KOF and not very strong passwords, it is not neccessary to leave WebMail connection open

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

User access policies in Kerio Connect does allow to block access to WebMail and Kerio Connect connections separately from other protocols. So the functionality you ask for is already implemented.

10. Nastavení uživatele/Zprávy

Přidat pro uživatele možnost přijímat e-mail nejen z vlastní domény, avšak odesílat pouze v rámci vlastní domény.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Could we get an inbuild reboot schedule in Kerio.

With proper Kerio Connect service stop before the reboot. For OS.X and Windows and Linux. Most of the time a reboot fixes any issues and this way we could have Kerio Connect initiate a proper stop of its services and reboot, restart. Right now I scheduled my Mac server to restart at a given time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kerio Connect does gracefully end when the system is shutdown in a normal way.

12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kerio Connect supports S/MIME encryption in all email clients, including Kerio Connect client.
    Integration with other services such as CipherMail is done via standard SMTP protocol.

13. Debian/Ubuntu Packages

in kerio-connect-8.0.0-639-linux.deb the Control fields are missing again.

please add:

Replaces: kerio-kms, mail-transport-agent
    Provides: default-mta, mail-transport-agent

Also there is a symlink missing for sendmail:

ln -s /opt/kerio/mailserver/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Kerio Connect is not a replacement of Linux MTA. It can be used and configured to do so. DEB package tags were removed from the installer due to negative feedback from our customers.

14. Include SMTPS and IMAPS (SSL) in traffic charts for Web Admin Console

It seems that the traffic charts displayed in web admin console doesn't take Secure IMAP and SMTP (SSL) connections into account. This gives erroneous charts for installations that *require* secure connections.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide an unlimited support agreement purchase option.

Currently you get two free support incidents, and you may have to pay for other support requests. Provide the option to purchase an unlimited support incident agreement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Kerio Connect client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reinstate public folder subscription for IMAP accounts in Apple mail.app ver. =/>7.3

Since Mac OS X 10.9 there has been not way to subscribe to public folders in Apple mail.app .Depending on account configuration the only options available are either all of the public folders cached locally or none at all. Badly missed feature.
    Public folders subscription in Outllook 2013 for Mac works as expected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apple clients  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry. This is Apple Mail feature and we cannot change it.

18. Kerio Connect Version: 9.0.2 (749) Operating system: Windows Server 2008 R2, x86_64

A.) Slow connecting/respond when use console administration
    B.) Session has expired in a too short time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Heather P responded

As per comments, our technical support team will be able to help you with configuration.

19. We would like to use Kerio as a RSS Reader

We would like to use Kerio as a RSS Reader. I see in the web mail portion there is a folder for RSS feeds but we don't have the ability to add them on the webmail version.

Would like to see this rather than having to use a client and then have that client sync back to Kerio

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Server Time / Date / Location change

Currently the systems in Kerio Cloud default to CET. This is not conducive to checking logs. Additionally, because of the "location", the default on invitations is to use European date/time conventions.
    This should be modifiable by the Kerio admin, not just on the backend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with GFI
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can contact or technical support and ask for a change of server timezone setting.

• Don't see your idea?

Kerio Connect

Feedback and Knowledge Base