How can we improve Kerio Connect?

Kerio Webmail HAS to stay for the future.

Keep Kerio "OLD" Webmail in v9 and beyond.
Kerio Connect Client does not work for searching subfolders and I do not want to use a whole lot of disk space creating a "Full Text Search" database that I do not need. I search on subject and sender/recipient and its is easy and FAST.
You cannot search more than 1 folder at a time. You developers need to ask your users what they want and not remove features because it saves you time. Webmail is perfect and needs no "maintenance". Just bring it over from v8. Unfortunately I cannot see myself upgrading to v9 for this reason alone.
KCClient is rubbish at searching. If you manage to fix this in KKC without any extra database generation I will be a very happy reseller. I will use "Full Text Search" when it is switchable for individual users and when I need to search within an email body. I will not use it for subject and recipient/sender searching as I have already said.
Why should I spend hours finding a lost message when I can find it using Webmail search in seconds? Who is going to pay for my time?

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Administrator shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael J. McCarn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, have strenuous requests to restore the old webmail and the old webmail mini from users who use them on their personal mobile devices - people who don't want to configure their work email on their personal device.

Options:
    1. open source it, and let us install it somewhere our users can reach...
    or
    2. re-factor it as a paid add-on
    (or 3 - bring it back...)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need the old webmail back as well. It doesn't need any new features, only to just still exist. We have many users (especially the older and higher ranking ones who control my budget!) who learned the old interface and don't want to change.

I agree the new design is better for many things, but if I can't get the president of the company to switch then I'm stuck never upgrading.

• Pavel Ševčík commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also important to be able use web mail on android devices (like phone) where new interface is unusable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base