How can we improve Kerio Connect?

archiving mail for fast work with Outlook

I would like to add a second type of archiving capabilities that will move all messages from mailboxes to the second storage, according the selected criteria (for example, messages older than 1 year). It should preserve folder structure and users could access to archived emails via webmail. This archive should be in separate database – for the reason, that it don’t slow working in MS Outlook.

105 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Roman Legindi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ilja Christensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really usefull feature - to be able to move mails older than a year into an archive folder structure.. I have several users complaining about KOC being slow, but still they don't archive mails by them selves.. An archive folder structure, like on exchange 201x would be a killer feature.

• Roman Legindi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, because the local system can be much harder to back up pst file and email are only available locally on one computer. Such cetral archiving is better for access to archives folders but also to back up. For large mailboxes is over 8 gigabytes I meet the outlook is slower. This functionality I think I can be a big plus for Kerio connect.

• Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be such a better idea than just allowing Outlook to create the archive file on the local system! Gets my vote!

Feedback and Knowledge Base