How can we improve Kerio Connect?

autodelete old items in calendar

I would like the option to set kerio to delete all items older than a specified date or time period for Kerio calendars.

Currently you have the option to do this for deleted items, Junk, Sent Items and all other folders excluding Notes and contacts

I a increasingly coming up against users who over time have had calendars grow which in turn cause the calendar to be come unresponsive. Being able to only keep entries for the past year and moving forward is a simple solution to this and most users are open to doing this.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alexis Skeates shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gino Rausch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please GFI do something :D Our Calendars are synching multiple times a day all 5 years backward and you can buy the latest macbooks, the apple ical in combination with kerio got the fans to their max level by syncing :(

• Evan Fryer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have this problem in spades. Having a server-wide setting, or a user option, to clear events on dates older than X without sending notifications would solve a lot of headaches. We use Calendar on macOS and after a couple years, folks struggle to see and stay connected to their calendars because of reading so far into the past.

• Alexis Skeates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Forgot I had posted this request already and found it again now. In response to the last comment made by the admin I am aware of the option to delete calendar entries older than a certain time frame, but this also includes other folders I don't want to clear out other folders I only want to clear out old calendar entries. As it stands at the moment the option you are talking about would clear out other mail folders which I don't want to do. Just clear out calendar entries. Very few people need to reference calendar entries from 4 years ago, but many people would need to reference email stored in your sent items or other folders from 4 years ago. They need to be split out.

• Robert Frost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree to this especially now that calendars in 10.8 doesn't give you the option. Having the option to delete old calendars separately, as users want to hold onto old mail etc.
    Thanks

• Steve Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! This also is causing long delays with outlook when it figures out free/busy schedule. Currently use auto-purge for 4 years, but can't tell it to restrict calendars to a shorter timeframe.

Feedback and Knowledge Base