How can we improve Kerio Connect?

Greylisting service

There is no log for incoming mails delayed by the greylist service, and there is no way to set a rule to bypass the filter as we can do for the antispam service.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Davide Villa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lyle Millander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's another feedback item with a similar request. I'll duplicate my comment here, but you might want to consider consolidating your vote with the other suggestion in order to raise the vote count.
    The other suggestion is titled: "Option to enable adding info about greylisted mails to security log"
    ---------------
    I'm afraid this suggestion may not get the attention it really deserves. This is an easy one to resolve and quite essential for resolving delivery complaints.

As it stands now, the only apparent way to track greylist delays is to enable the debug log. This is not ideal as there is no need to log all the PASS responses under normal conditions. However, we should always be able to see the delay interaction:

Greylisting: testing mail from "eroticises@cloudholiday.biz" to "zzz.com" sent by 91.235.143.246.
    Greylisting: Kerio Connect sent "GREYL 91.235.143.246 DbVYvW94bp5kdFdRS9ZfCg==" over TLS.
    Greylisting: service responded "210 Delay" over TLS.
    Greylisting is delaying mail, query finished in 109 ms with result "DELAY".
    Greylisting rejected mail after DATA: 450 4.7.1 Please try again later

Without the above, there's no evidence I can find that this server attempted to send us a message. I can't stress this enough: With standard logging, I have no way of telling that this sending server tried to contact us at all!

• Lyle Millander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm afraid this suggestion may not get the attention it really deserves. This is an easy one to resolve and quite essential for resolving delivery complaints.

As it stands now, the only apparent way to track greylist delays is to enable the debug log. This is not ideal as there is no need to log all the PASS responses under normal conditions. However, we should always be able to see the delay interaction:

Greylisting: testing mail from "eroticises@cloudholiday.biz" to "zzz.com" sent by 91.235.143.246.
    Greylisting: Kerio Connect sent "GREYL 91.235.143.246 DbVYvW94bp5kdFdRS9ZfCg==" over TLS.
    Greylisting: service responded "210 Delay" over TLS.
    Greylisting is delaying mail, query finished in 109 ms with result "DELAY".
    Greylisting rejected mail after DATA: 450 4.7.1 Please try again later

Without the above, there's no evidence I can find that this server attempted to send us a message. I can't stress this enough: With standard logging, I have no way of telling that this sending server tried to contact us at all!

Feedback and Knowledge Base