How can we improve Kerio Connect?

Calendar/CalDAV improvements

• Full support for CALDAV features
• CalDAV/iCal - ability to add a group as an attendee and that expand to show all users in that group, essential for adding a number of attendees quickly (see Apple iCal Server/iCal)

[other ideas split to separate suggestions to make possible to vote for separately]

79 votes
Vote
Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jason Turley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  Tomáš Soukup responded  · 

Hello,
To clarify content of this idea, I to know what we should do first, I have created two separate ideas:

Support Groups in CalDAV (iCal): http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-connect-7/suggestions/1952061-support-groups-in-caldav-ical-?ref=title

Support attachments in calendar events and meeting invitations: http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-connect-7/suggestions/1952049-support-attachments-in-calendar-events-and-meeting?ref=title

I will now close this idea – please distribute your votes for one of those I created, comment on them or create your own, more specific than this general one.

Thanks for understanding.

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 votes for adding Attachement support in the Calendar engine.
    Should be tracked in the internal DB as enhancement #1812

Right now event invitations received from outside Kerio with attachements/files, is LOST for the Kerio user.. Not Good!

• Jörgen Olsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that more and more customers use the calendar for collaboration, and the need for meeting invitation should be able to handle enclosures is really big. I also agree with Piero that using mail to deliver is a security risk, since users tend to delete messages that they don't understand.
    ~Jörgen

• Piero Giobbi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get away from the mail-deliver-ical-protocol. Many users delete the mail, resulting never getting a booking. Or doesn't have iCal open so the booking automatically goes to iCal.

Hi.

We went from TeamAgenda to Kerio. One thing that we me miss is groups. Be able to organize ppl in groups, and then be able to use the groups in bookings etc.

Today every single person have to create a group, put ppl in the group, locally.

Would be great if we could do it on the server, so everyone could access that group and be able to use it. If i could be able to put rights on groups it would be great.

Example.

Customer-1 (group)
    Alex Sinbad
    Peter Croy
    Nina None

So, when i want to make a booking, in my iCal, iPhone, i can use Customer-1 as partisipant instead of putting three names in the same field, easier for user, faster. I administer the groups from server, the user just use whats available..

thx.

• Eric Paulsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From my perspective, I would like to be able to create groups of users in the Kerio contacts. These could be used in the calendar to add groups to events and also within the webmail to send mail to groups. Right now I can create a distribution list in webmail, but it doesn't transfer to my Mac Address Book nor do the groups in Address Book transfer to Kerio.

Like the support you get from an Apple Server or Gmail. Apple server for including files. Google for not receiving a mail for every instance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base