How can we improve Kerio Connect?

Server side rules for mail forwarding

Rule Configuration
Overview
Rules enable you to define actions to take based on the contents of an email. For example, you can use rules to delete mail based on a specific subject-line, or to forward email larger than a specific size.
Rules can be defined at two different levels: Global and Account. Global rules are applied to all messages delivered to the server, regardless of which recipient they are to be delivered to. Account rules apply only to email to a specific account.

Every rule has a set of criteria and actions. When you create a rule, you add criteria that specify which email the rule should be applied to. For example, you may add a criterion that limits the rule to email containing a specific Message-ID-header. After you have added criteria, you add actions. Actions define what mail Server should do if a message matches the criteria. For example, the action may be to forward the email, delete it or move it to a specific folder.
Rules are applied during the email delivery phase. This means that if you do content modification of an email message in a rule, or move the message to specific IMAP folders, this will only effect how the recipient of the email message see it. For example, if you have set up a global rule to move messages to the IMAP folder Spam, and User 1 sends a message to User 2, only User 2 will see the email message in his Spam mailbox. User 1 will not see the message in his Spam mailbox, since he's not the recipient of the message. The reason for this is that if User 1 sends an email message to User 2, the message should be delivered to User 2 - not to User 1.

337 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anil Kumar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe Altoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great if these rules could also include the ability to forward the email based on a users email group lists both their own or public lists

• Carlos Crespo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Server rules will be very import for our customers.
    This suggestion is 4 and half years old! I would like to have some input from kerio if they are planning to implement this.

• Dirk Poper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to sse server side rules which can be created on Domain level.
    With all existing rules you are not able to scan within the email itself. You can only define rules on email header attributes. I created a requested for this:
    http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-kerio-connect/suggestions/3319485-server-based-rules-with-access-to-all-email-attrib - mergin would be a goog idea.
    Server based rules with access to all email attributes

e.g. Incomming email : I would like to have access to return path and the full from, reply atrributes.
    and creating a rule bases on this.

If a bad guy uses yor email-adress for Spam you will get all the error messages.
    I need rules to filter these invalid error messages....

• M. Ludwig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does anyone know something about the progress? this is an important feature for us.

we need the following: if specified text found in body, deliver to group X

• Scott Bryden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We used to run hmailserver which had a brilliant scripting solution for this. It is the most missed feature since moving to Kerio.

• Tony Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another example of something trivial to do with this is the problem of having an inside group that you don't want outside mail to go to.

• Tony Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I've been saying for years that Kerio should implement Milters or at least one basic hook.

BTW, this could also be used for compliance monitoring where certain emails or certain users need to be copied to someone else.

It's so frustrating, because I could sell a lot more Connect if I had Milter hooks. Even if all we had was a spam plugin hook to add or subtract spam points I could do a lot more, but Milters would really be the best.

Sigh.. 4 years old, good number of votes and Kerio still seems opposed to this. I keep asking "why" but never get a good answer.

• Mészáros Gyula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of my customers wishes to sort the _outgoing_ messages to different folders. E.g. when one replies a mail arrived to a group address, it would be great if the reply would go to a specific folder, not depending who the replier had been. There is a limited solution in Outlook which puts the reply to the folder where the original message resides, but it is limited to personal Outlook usage.

• Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a solution for the following case : some mailboxes are intended for internal use. so if an external person send a mail to those boxes that you can auto reply with a message that you want and not the default message of no rights.

• Joe Altoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

systemwide incoming rules with and/or between them so multiple conditions can be tested. X-Headers/froma address/to address/message size tested as well as recipient rewriting (add/remove/replace)/subject/body prepending/appending with macro replacement in places eg change subject to [ONLINE SHOP} ###SUBJECT###.
    I often have mails sent to one user when they should be sent to a group of users. eg if email is from fred@overthere.com and sent to user1@here.com then change the to user to group1.here.com and rewriting the to user would help greatly in allowing all those that need the information to receive it.

• Bramsnæsvig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Owliance: The scripting system is there - it's just limited to SPAM processing. It should be simple to expand the actions - as that system is there for every User.

• Owliance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a word, it's a server side scripting feature that is needed.

A scripting language that would allow various type of actions. especially for incoming and outgoing mail, like email rewirting, adding attachements ....

• Hannes Dennerlein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add a automatic print possibility to the server side rules, this would be nice to users without an own computer or for workgroups which need printed mails for their workflow.

• Will O'Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want anything more than to be able to do something with a message that ends up in the sent folder, such as bcc'ing it somewhere else. This would eliminate client side rule problems that can't be made currently from mobile clients.

• Kyle Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add the ability to blacklist individual senders, ip's, or domains that may be sent to specific users.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base