How can we improve Kerio Connect?

WebMail: advanced search features (not fulltext search)

Searching features should be improved to permit at least, to search following folder trees and not to limit to current folder. It would be great to have advanced search tools.

[Admin note]
For fulltext search, please vote for suggestion: http://feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-connect-7/suggestions/472369-webmail-full-text-search
Please redistribute your votes. Thank you.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Hector Bianchi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  Heather P responded  · 

Thanks for the idea. This is not something we will deliver for a while. It is on the backlog, so it is not lost, but now you can use your votes for other features.

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carmine Gargiulo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not able to specify fields in the search feature above the list of messages. Currently the search is using fulltext and searching all over the fields and sometimes even if I search for a email from & a email to.

Please help. Thanks

• Jochen Huber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not consider this as completed since it is not possible to search a folder tree below the selected folder (e.g. a project e-mail folder with subfolders). The "all folders" option often returns far too many results.

• Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request can be considered as COMPLETED, because the Full Text Search implemented, permits to search over folders and subfolders (as requested).

• mbox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In 7.0.1 at least, you can search multiple folders and subfolders by clicking the search icon (magnifying glass) and clicking Browse. Use also the "Search in subfolders" option. There doesn't, however, seem to be a "convenient" option to search everything (the top-level folder and subfolders of it) without maybe checking off each and every top-level folder. Gmail users expect that type of thing. Maybe Kerio wants to discourage this due to the load is imposes on the server.

A solution to full text search is for Kerio to embed a third-party full text search solution into Kerio. There are many available to choose from. If you really wanted, it wouldn't be that hard to whip up your own basic full-text Kerio email search system in a couple hours: Just pick your favorite indexing software, index the Kerio mail store folders containing ".eml" files while being careful not to expose other files that could pose a security problem, and wrap that in a web interface.

(Since I don't regularly use webmail, this issue isn't really a problem for me though.)

• Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please not only with mails, but also with contacts. You may currently enter categories, but no way to have them displayed or to search for contacts with the same category.

Feedback and Knowledge Base