How can we improve Kerio Connect?

allow group emails to receive from internal addresses only

We have a group of staff (everyone@..) which we would like internal users on the domain to send to only, no external address should be able to send to this address. I have tried the option that allows this group to send/recieve internally only, but it then applies those permissions to all users in the group restricting them from sending/receiving externally. Would this be possible, we used to use this feature on vexim before moving to Kerio.

76 votes
Vote
Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Roff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with GFI
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need
    - lists accessible only within the domain, but not necessarily only to members of the lists themselves ie not mailing lists
    - lists that work in all email clients i.e not contact groups

• Andrew Rausch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of "Members of this group can send/receive email to/from its own domain only" why not make the group checkbox option into:
    "This group can receive email only from its own domain"?

A group can't send email directly (I know a user can send on behalf of), so it really only applies to receiving email. Rather than putting the restriction on members of the group, why not apply the restriction to the group email address. That way members could still send/receive external email, but an AllEmployees@company.com group could be restricted to internal correspondence only.

• Robin Hickmott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Goto Posting
    Posting Policy
    Non-Member can post a message and set to Denied

Anyone not part of the list can't post

• Todd Eddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see this is 2 years old now which is unfortunate. But how about adding the ability to add a group to a mailing list? This would allow some of the features requested (as a mailing list can be restricted to be received only by moderators (managers)). Currently we don't even use groups and instead use mailing lists for all these distributions for this exact reason. It would be nice to integrate mailing lists with groups just from a management perspective. For example I know complaints@example.com goes to managers and customer support groups instead of alice@, bob@, charlie@, etc.

• Andrew Rausch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to take this a step further and set controls on who can send to a group. Similar to setting a mailing list where only moderators can send to it. For example you might have an everyone@company.com that you only want to allow executives/managers the ability to send to.
    I imagine another work around would be to put an option to show mailing lists in the GAL.

• Lyle Millander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...and allow attachment size restrictions for said group. Gotta' stop those HR folks from sending 10MB attachments to everyone in the company!

Feedback and Knowledge Base