How can we improve Kerio Connect?

Way to alert admin if a large number of messages in the mail queue.

A way to get an alert of some kind if there is a high number of messages in the queue? We have had a couple of times now where we had someone's email account get hacked and sending out large numbers of messages, mostly sitting in the out queue.

147 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gary Balbach shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter Weißflog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use Nagios to monitor this, but yes, it would be really helpful to limit the number of mails a user can send in a specified time range. And this need to be a per user setting, not a global one in case you have marketing accounts to sen newsletters (spam) etc.

• KerioMail Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've experienced the same problem and would like an alert about sending out large numbers of emails.

I would go further and add an option to Security to automatically disable emails accounts that exceed a certain number of sent message per period of time.

• Fernand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really handy. If more than X number of messages in the Queue, send an alert to Admin user(s).

• KerioMail Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just had the situation that Gary B. describes. I came in Monday morning and found the message count at 87 pages long, message count: 4,000+ and message volume; 18.7 MB. Took me several hours to delete all the undeliverable messages.

• Eddie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's also User Quota alerts - Mail store watchdog gives alert in Admin console. But yes, I'd also like to see more administrative alerts.

• Josh Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is sort of surprising that there are so few email alert features on a mail server, of all things. (I think we have backup completed, and....?) Besides this, I would love System Health and Disk Storage email alerts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base