How can we improve Kerio Connect?

Migrate from Kerio to Kerio

As servers come and go it should be easier to migrate a mail domain and users with the settings from one Kerio server to another.

This will be useful for example if you want to migrate multiple Kerio servers to 1 server or want to split a heavy loaded server to multiple servers.

182 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael H. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Workaround solutions are helpful for one-time activity, but we need to do it several times during the year. I think a console-feauture is needed! Able to move 1 or more user from 1 server to another or move complete domain.
    Can I submit a suggestion? Developers can use the koff-tecnology to migrate users?

Actually (only few users) I use Koff-Plugin to migrate user, syncronize profile from old server and when it's done I connect the new server and redo the activity.

• Elias Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 69 votes left, I'd like to go all-in on this.
    this would make it so much easier to move installations between architectures and OS versions as well.

• howie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could give this one 1000 votes I would. This is a great idea. Currently, the best way to move from Kerio to Kerio is to use rsync. While working with GetSync'd, I performed several migrations this way. Migration Wiz will also work, but it doesn't move the calendars and contacts.

• Marc Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add ability to migrate Kerio accounts to another Kerio Server including Contacts and Calendars.

• Viktoria Rei Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could offer a workaround.

1 - Add the user at the new server
    2 - Copy the files from the mailstore (Linux offers rsync or scp)
    3 - Check new kerio mailbox via webmail
    4 - remove user from old kerio install
    5 - enjoy

Feedback and Knowledge Base