Kerio Connect

Welcome to our Kerio Connect feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

How can we improve Kerio Connect?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alert admin via email for server status

It would be useful if the Kerio server could email the admin based on a server status rules page. e.g. such things as
    Space allocation & usage
    security attack reports
    daily logs of usage

There are plenty of things I have to access the server to see rather than the server send me an email.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Forced TLS

Provide extra option of sending through TLS only (Forced TLS)

Today, Kerio provides two options for TLS:
    1, No TLS
    2, Opportunistic TLS: Kerio Connect uses TLS (STARTTLS) for sending/receiving emails whenever it is possible. But it is not mandatory, so the email is delivered over unsecure connection if the TLS fails or cannot be established. Kerio falls back to normal unsecure SMTP if TLS cannot be used.”

In the future, Kerio should provide 3 options for TLS:
    1, No TLS
    2, Opportunisitic TLS
    3, Forced TLS: For each domain, the administrator can define a set of partner-domains for which…

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow mailing list "moderators" to add, remove, and see all members of their list.

Give Mailing List Moderators an interface so they can see all members of their mailing list, add members to the list, and remove members from the list. Plus allow them to export the list of members.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. IM in Kerio Outlook Connector

Make IM integrated in Kerio Outlook Connector too, not only in WEB

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Kerio Outlook Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expand the Rules setting and the Custom SPAM settings

We need to be able to setup rules for incoming mail in Outlook and for Custom SPAM rules where multiple things are true or false. It requires TRUE logical checks on SENDER/FROM, RECIPIENT/TO, SUBJECT and CONTENT. Currently we cannot add any checks on the content with Outlook Connector Rules or SPAM rules.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cluster - load balancing

support for cluster and load ballancing with internal and LDAP users

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. attack notification

when somebody systematicaly try to login to account, send notification to user or admin

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. GPO and Kerio Outlook Connector

Give us the possibility to create GPO with the ability to automatically configure Kerio Outlook Connector for the connected user on the workstation.
    Thanks

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Kerio Outlook Connector  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow group emails to receive from internal addresses only

We have a group of staff (everyone@..) which we would like internal users on the domain to send to only, no external address should be able to send to this address. I have tried the option that allows this group to send/recieve internally only, but it then applies those permissions to all users in the group restricting them from sending/receiving externally. Would this be possible, we used to use this feature on vexim before moving to Kerio.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Full featured signature control

For use with every client. Web-mailer, Outlook, Mail, etc...

Placeholder as a simple defined string, which can be invested in any mail client in the signature. And so each mail is sent with the correct and same signature. to determine the position of the signature / "footer", so this is not at the end of the e-mail. (and there always double)

example:
    {kerio_signiture}
    This signature is then replaced by the general / specialized signature from Kerio.

In the admin area signatures can be created and assigned by selecting the users. (Company dependent)
    The signature is filled width the information from…

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Webmail - import contacts from a text file

The ability to import contacts into webmail contacts folder from a text file

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Monitoring and Limiting the Size of Public Folders

It would be great to have a way to easily monitor and restrict the size of public folders and through the administration web interface. I'm a bit hesitant to use public e-mail folders for some of my departments because I have no way to easily discern if such folders using 50 MB or 50 GB of hard drive space. Having an easy method to monitor the size of public folders and having tools available to set quotas for them (and possibly notify administrators when they're close to exceeding said quotas) would be extrememly helpful.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable Rich Text in the Notes section Calendar and Contacts

We use the "Notes" section of Calendar and Contacts to house mission critical information for all of our clients.
    We use the notes as if they were similar to a crm or workflow

Is very importat Headings (formatted text, Rich Text), font sizes and colors to delineate information in the Contacts/Calendar/Notes area, currently any format changes to the notes are only visible to the user that edit the note.

When the calendar is shared, the person who has access, even if it's all permits, does not see the Rich Text.

With the amount and type of information we store within…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Kerberos for Single Signon

It would make our lives a lot easier if KC would support Kerberos for single sign on of mail clients. Currently, when users change their system password, they have to change all their Mail passwords as well.

Kerberos would solve this once and for all.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. autodelete old items in calendar

I would like the option to set kerio to delete all items older than a specified date or time period for Kerio calendars.

Currently you have the option to do this for deleted items, Junk, Sent Items and all other folders excluding Notes and contacts

I a increasingly coming up against users who over time have had calendars grow which in turn cause the calendar to be come unresponsive. Being able to only keep entries for the past year and moving forward is a simple solution to this and most users are open to doing this.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. cache

Possibility to disable Offline Cache in KOFF
    It would be a good idea to add a "Disable cache" checkbox in the KOFF configuration so it would be like the old KOC withuth cache and could be used also with Outlook 2010 and future release.
    This could be used in local virtualized (or Terminal Server) environment where, for each user, LAN speed is high and disk space is low.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. groups within groups

When setting up mailing group allow one mailing Group to be added to another ,

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. out of office

It would be good if the admin can view the users to see if someone has out of office set or not.
    If for example the user is out of the office, and has not set it, the admin would be able to activate it from the admin setup, instead of resetting the user password to access the user settings.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. User based SMTP limits

Allow SMTP limits based on user. Doing so by IP address is not practical if many users are behind a single IP. Doing it by user login would be a quick way to stop an open relay situation if a specific account has been compromised.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Kerio Webmail HAS to stay for the future.

Keep Kerio "OLD" Webmail in v9 and beyond.
    Kerio Connect Client does not work for searching subfolders and I do not want to use a whole lot of disk space creating a "Full Text Search" database that I do not need. I search on subject and sender/recipient and its is easy and FAST.
    You cannot search more than 1 folder at a time. You developers need to ask your users what they want and not remove features because it saves you time. Webmail is perfect and needs no "maintenance". Just bring it over from v8. Unfortunately I cannot see myself…

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Kerio Connect client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Kerio Connect

Feedback and Knowledge Base